Bill and Marcella Bradly Collection - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Stuck in the Mud]

Description: Photograph of the back end of a car, which is stuck in the mud near Hereford, Texas.
Date: [1900..1930]
Creator: Bradly, Bill
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Men With Wells Fargo Wagon]

Description: Photograph of three men posing in front of a Wells Fargo horse-drawn wagon. The two on the left wear jackets and bow ties. The man on the right, who wears a vest and holds the horse's reins, has been identified as Carl Mountz.
Date: 1911~
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Dust Storms and Black Dusters]

Description: Photograph of dust storms and black dusters, approaching a fence and small shed.
Date: September 2, 1934
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Panhandle Dust Storm]

Description: Photograph of a Panhandle dust storm approaching Perryton, Texas, on April 14, 1935.
Date: April 14, 1935
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[George and Richard Jowell]

Description: Photograph of two boys on horse-back. The text under the photo reads: "George and Richard Jowell, sons of Rat Jowell, riding "Pete" and "Bill" on Jowell and Jowell Ranch, July 8, 1916."
Date: July 8, 1916
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Fourth of July Picnic on Old Courthouse Grounds]

Description: Photograph of a Fourth of July picnic in Hereford. Large groups of people with numerous horse-drawn buggies gather on the old courthouse grounds.
Date: 1907/1908
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Hereford Bull and Owner]

Description: Photograph of Rat Jowell showing his registered Hereford Bull, either Climax 5th or Anxiety 4th. Jowell wears a suit and hat. The text underneath the photo reads: "One of first Anxiety 4th. Registered Herefords brought to county in 1898 by Rat Jowell and L. R. Bradley, shown here by Jowell. The town got its name from this herd."
Date: 1900~
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Hereford House]

Description: Photograph of a group of people standing on the front porch of the Hereford House, while several women stand around a sign in front of the building.
Date: December 1902
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Grand Champion Beau Randolph]

Description: Photograph of a large cow standing in a field. The text under the photograph reads: "The grand champion Beau Randolph No. 418893. Bred by Gudgell and Simpson, Independence, Mo., and sold to Jowell and Jowell of Hereford, Texas, for $5,000. -- Resold by them to Mrs. H.M. Pegues and son, Odessa, Texas for $7,000."
Date: unknown
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Surveyors Breaking Camp]

Description: Photograph of a group of surveyors breaking camp. They were surveying city lots in 1906. Also pictured are a windmill, tents, and wagons.
Date: March 19, 1906
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Palo Duro Canyon]

Description: Photograph of a chair lift in the Palo Duro Canyon.
Date: unknown
Creator: Bradly, Bill
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[First Graduating Class of Hereford High School]

Description: Photograph of the first graduating class of Hereford High School on May 18, 1906. Teacher D. W. Hawkins is in the center. The students are Earl Kibble, Myrtle Witherspoon, Naomi Hughes, Sam Brittin, Nellie Robinson, Pattie Estes, Leta Bowie, Bessie Long, and Audrey Argo.
Date: May 18, 1906
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Palo Duro Canyon]

Description: Photograph of a shallow river near the Palo Duro Canyon.
Date: unknown
Creator: Bradly, Bill
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Photograph of Mrs. Minnie Cox Walker]

Description: Photograph of Mrs. Minnie Cox Walker on Pioneer Day in 1958. She wears pearls, and a ribbon pinned to her blouse reads "60 years".
Date: May 29, 1958
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Photograph of Tape Wyche]

Description: Photograph of early Hereford pioneer, Tape Wyche, in a suit and tie. There is a horse behind him, and buildings are visible in the background.
Date: unknown
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Joseph A. Hill Chapel at West Texas State University in Canyon]

Description: Photograph of the Joseph A. Hill Chapel at West Texas State University in Canyon, Texas. This building was furnished by individual and club donations. It is built of Colorado sandstone, and used for vesper services and campus weddings.
Date: unknown
Creator: Bradly, Bill
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Pitman Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of a man and woman golfing at the John Pitman Municipal Golf Course in Hereford, Texas, with grain elevators in the background.
Date: unknown
Creator: Bradly, Bill
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library

[Photograph of G. N. Jowell]

Description: Photograph of G. N. Jowell, who had the first irrigation in Deaf Smith County in 1898 on Tierra Blanca.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Deaf Smith County Library