Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives - 262 Matching Results

Search Results

Texas School for the Deaf drawing

Description: Drawing of the Texas School for the Deaf, referred to in the drawing as the "Deaf and Dumb Institution." It was established as the "Texas Deaf and Dumb Asylum" in 1856 and renamed the "Texas School for the Deaf" in 1949.
Date: unknown
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Magnesium Plant]

Description: Two buildings connected by a covered conveyor belt. Future site of the Balcones Research Center, now known as the J. J. Pickle Research Campus.
Date: August 14, 1947
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library