Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[The UT Tower and Littlefield Fountain]

Description: Looking north at the Tower on the University of Texas campus from the Littlefield Fountain with lily pads in the foreground.
Date: unknown
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Governor’s Mansion]

Description: Looking west at the entrance of the Governor's Mansion.
Date: April 1, 1940
Creator: Ellison Photo Service
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Capitol Laundry & Cleaning Co.]

Description: Exterior of building with delivery van in driveway. 801 Barton Springs Road.
Date: February 14, 1945
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Hall Level Works]

Description: Four women making levels in a workshop.
Date: December 24, 1946
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[University of Texas Old Main Building]

Description: Back of photograph reads: "University of Texas. This view shows the west wing of the present main building taken from about where Sutton Hall now stands. The erection of this was started in the fall of 1883 and finished in the summer of 1884. The University of Texas opened Sept. 1883 in the temporary Capitol building and moved to the west wing in the fall of 1884. Copy of old photograph."
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Capitol Grounds]

Description: Looking northwest at the Capitol dome from a pond on the grounds. Pond is no longer present, but noted by a marker on the grounds.
Date: unknown
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Texas State Capitol]

Description: Looking north at the Capitol buidling from the roof of a building, possibly the Littlefield buidling at 6th and Congress. The photo shows the Travis County Courthouse in a state of disrepair at the corner of 11th and Congress.
Date: April 20, 1948
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

East Avenue

Description: East Avenue below 3rd St. before the street was paved.
Date: 1933
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Nineteenth Street looking east

Description: Nineteenth Street looking east after street paving. Waller Creek bridge in view. Photo reads, "Asutin Street Paving, Soutwest Bitulithic Co., Contractor, H. R. F. Helland, Consulting Engineer."
Date: 1930-10-31~
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Armistice parade down Congress

Description: Crowds on both sides of Congress as the American Legion section of the parade passes.
Date: November 11, 1945
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Austin City Hall

Description: Looking northeast at the Austin City Hall building at the northeast corner of Colorado and 8th St.
Date: 1920
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

East First Street

Description: East First Street looking west. Photo reads, "Austin Paving, L. E. Whitham and Co., Contractors, H. R. F. Helland, Consulting Engineer."
Date: 193?
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Temple Beth Israel

Description: Looking northeast at the entrance of the Temple at 1101 San Jacinto Blvd.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Fulton's Ice Cream Parlor

Description: Two men and a little girl at the bar. A rooster is standing on the stool next to the girl. Fulton's was located at 1608 Lavaca St.
Date: March 20, 1897
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Unpaved Nineteenth Street

Description: Nineteenth Street looking east before street paving. Waller Creek bridge in view. Photo reads, "Asutin Street Paving, Soutwest Bitulithic Co., Contractor, H. R. F. Helland, Consulting Engineer."
Date: 1930-07-19~
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Stephen F. Austin Hotel

Description: Looking east from W. 7th at intersection of 7th and Congress. Photo taken after the extension to the Stephen F. Austin Hotel.
Date: March 17, 1947
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library