Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Colorado River Flooding]

Description: Looking West from the north end of the Congress Avenue bridge.
Date: 1935
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Congress Avenue looking north

Description: Looking north from the southwest corner of the Congress Avenue bridge.
Date: 1939~
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Falstaff Beer Trucks]

Description: Beer trucks belonging to the Lightsey Carroll Company Distributors stand at the ready to deliver beer to thirsty Austinites. Featuring the Capitol in the background lends an air of legality to beer distribution, particularly considering that Prohibition had ended just five months before.
Date: May 25, 1934
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Gearing Hall, Painter Hall and Lily Pond]

Description: Looking northeast from the lily pond behind the Tower on the University of Texas campus. Gearing Hall, known then as the Home Economics building, on the left and the Painter Hall, then the Physics building, on the right, are in view.
Date: September 1936
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Heep's Jersey Farm]

Description: Man filling bottles at machine.
Date: October 2, 1935
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Hogg Memorial Auditorium]

Description: Looking west at the front and southside of the building.
Date: February 2, 1934
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Mansfield-Marshall Ford Dam Construction]

Description: Group photograph of "U.S. Royal Boots on Marshall Ford Dam. Brown & Root - McKenzie Construction Co., Austin, Tex."
Date: March 9, 1938
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Texas Ranger Captains]

Description: Four men standing behind a seated man on a porch. Back reads: "Texas Ranger Captains. Seated: Captain Dan Roberts. Standing L to R: Captain J. A. Brooks, Adjutant General W. W. Sterling, former Ranger Captain Frank A Hamer and Captain John R. Hughes."
Date: August 30, 1932
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Waller Creek Bridge at Twelfth Street

Description: Waller Creek bridge at 12th St. looking south. The creek, though running swiftly, is low.
Date: January 30, 1932
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

East Avenue

Description: East Avenue below 3rd St. before the street was paved.
Date: 1933
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[East Avenue unpaved]

Description: East Avenue (now IH-35) from 8th to 10th streets looking north.
Date: 1933
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Guadalupe and 38th St.

Description: Guadalupe Street looking south from 38th St. before paving project. Jimmyville Ice Cream on the east side of the street.
Date: 1933
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Nineteenth Street looking east

Description: Nineteenth Street looking east after street paving. Waller Creek bridge in view. Photo reads, "Asutin Street Paving, Soutwest Bitulithic Co., Contractor, H. R. F. Helland, Consulting Engineer."
Date: 1930-10-31~
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Tax Collector's Office]

Description: The Tax Collector's office inside the Travis County Courthouse.
Date: 1931
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Travis County Courthouse

Description: Exterior of the Courthouse with cars parked in the parking lot.
Date: June 18, 1931
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library