Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

Barton Springs Pool

Description: View of the pool from the north bank looking west toward the diving board.
Date: 1922
Creator: Jordan Company
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Barton Springs Pool

Description: People congregating near the diving board. Others on the grassy hill.
Date: June 17, 1925
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Camp Mabry railroad switch and arsenal

Description: Back reads, "This photograph shows the International & Great Northern Railroad main line. The ralroad switch runs by the arsenal which is shown on the left of the picture. The International & Great Northern Railroad will run a number of tracks in the camp or at any other place to suit the Government."
Date: 1915~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Community Chest

Description: Group of women and the Mayor on the back of a fire engine. Back of the photo reads, "L-R: Mrs. Alden Davis, Mrs. Jess Walker (Ina). Mayor Tom Miller at right."
Date: October 10, 1941
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Congress Avenue at night

Description: Looking south down Congress Avenue from the west side of 10th St. Congress is paved with bricks with lamp posts along the middle of the street. A moonlight tower can be seen on the northwest corner.
Date: 1905/1910
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

East Avenue

Description: East Avenue below 3rd St. before the street was paved.
Date: 1933
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[East Avenue unpaved]

Description: East Avenue (now IH-35) from 8th to 10th streets looking north.
Date: 1933
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

East First Street

Description: East First Street looking west. Photo reads, "Austin Paving, L. E. Whitham and Co., Contractors, H. R. F. Helland, Consulting Engineer."
Date: 193?
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Fulton's Ice Cream Parlor

Description: Two men and a little girl at the bar. A rooster is standing on the stool next to the girl. Fulton's was located at 1608 Lavaca St.
Date: March 20, 1897
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Guadalupe and 38th St.

Description: Guadalupe Street looking south from 38th St. before paving project. Jimmyville Ice Cream on the east side of the street.
Date: 1933
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Nineteenth Street looking east

Description: Nineteenth Street looking east after street paving. Waller Creek bridge in view. Photo reads, "Asutin Street Paving, Soutwest Bitulithic Co., Contractor, H. R. F. Helland, Consulting Engineer."
Date: 1930-10-31~
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Paving of Congress Avenue

Description: Official men and workers on possibly the first completed section of brick paving on Congress.
Date: 1905
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Sixth Street looking west

Description: Looking west along 6th St. from the top of the Scarborough Building at 6th and Congress Avenue.
Date: 192?
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Texas School for the Blind

Description: Group of men in suits and hats lined up in front of campus buildings. For more information: http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kct25
Date: April 29, 1896
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Texas School for the Deaf drawing

Description: Drawing of the Texas School for the Deaf, referred to in the drawing as the "Deaf and Dumb Institution." It was established as the "Texas Deaf and Dumb Asylum" in 1856 and renamed the "Texas School for the Deaf" in 1949.
Date: unknown
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Unpaved Nineteenth Street

Description: Nineteenth Street looking east before street paving. Waller Creek bridge in view. Photo reads, "Asutin Street Paving, Soutwest Bitulithic Co., Contractor, H. R. F. Helland, Consulting Engineer."
Date: 1930-07-19~
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Waller Creek Bridge at Twelfth Street

Description: Waller Creek bridge at 12th St. looking south. The creek, though running swiftly, is low.
Date: January 30, 1932
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library