Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives - 15 Matching Results

Search Results

[1908 County Officials]

Description: 1. John W. Hornsby, County Judge; 2. Tom Anderson, Commissioner Precinct 1; 3. Jack Booth, Commissioner Precinct 4; 4. Sid Nolan, Commissioner Precinct 3; 5. J. Ben Fischer, Commissioner Precinct 2; 6. Tom Davis, County Auditor; 7. Orlands Caldwell, Secretary to the Commissioners Court; 8. John Kreuz
Date: 1908
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Austin Cotton Gin

Description: Austin Cotton Gin was owned by W. T. Caswell and was located on the west side of Chicon St. Horse-drawn wagons with bales of cotton. Workers pose for photograph. Hand-crank loading cranes on platform.
Date: 1900~
Creator: Caswell, W. T.
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Austin Cotton Gin

Description: Austin Cotton Gin was owned by W. T. Caswell and was located on the west side of Chicon St. Horse-drawn wagons full of cotton. Workers pose for photograph.
Date: 1900~
Creator: Caswell, W. T.
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Congress Avenue at night

Description: Looking south down Congress Avenue from the west side of 10th St. Congress is paved with bricks with lamp posts along the middle of the street. A moonlight tower can be seen on the northwest corner.
Date: 1905/1910
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

University of Texas grounds

Description: Three women sitting among the bluebonnets on the Campus grounds. In the background are the Woman's Building built 1903 on the left and the old Chemical Laboratory built 1891. Both buildings were destroyed by fire; the Woman's Building burned in 1959 and the Chemical Laboratory in 1926.
Date: 1903~
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library