Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

Texas School for the Deaf drawing

Description: Drawing of the Texas School for the Deaf, referred to in the drawing as the "Deaf and Dumb Institution." It was established as the "Texas Deaf and Dumb Asylum" in 1856 and renamed the "Texas School for the Deaf" in 1949.
Date: unknown
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Texas Senate]

Description: Senate Chambers in the Texas Capitol
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Texas State Capitol]

Description: Looking north at the Capitol buidling from the roof of a building, possibly the Littlefield buidling at 6th and Congress. The photo shows the Travis County Courthouse in a state of disrepair at the corner of 11th and Congress.
Date: April 20, 1948
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Texas State Capitol

Description: View of the south side of the Capitol building.
Date: 1920~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Texas State Capitol

Description: View of Capitol looking north. Man in horse-drawn cart hauling hay. Back of photograph reads, "Picture of the Capitol made before Congress Avenue was paved. This was before the street car line was extended up East 11th St."
Date: 189?
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Texas State Capitol

Description: Looking north at the Capitol building from the roof of a building on the east side of Congress Avenue.
Date: 195?
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Texas State Capitol

Description: View of the north side of the Texas State Capitol grounds from 17th St. Roads are unpaved and there is a group of girls under trees and a woman with a horse in the foreground.
Date: 1892
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Tightrope walker John Devier on Congress Avenue]

Description: Photograph of a crowd gathered to watch a tight rope walker. Caption reads, "Scene on Congress Avenue in 1867, showing exhibition by a tight-rope walker (Devier) across the Avenue from the historic old Avenue Hotel at Eighth and Congress, on East side. The carriage at the left, entering the Avenue, is that of Gov. E. M. Pease (Gov. from 1853-57 and 1867-69)."
Date: 1867
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Tornado Damage]

Description: Collapsed building in foreground with damaged buildings in background. Damaged caused by tornado on May 4th, 1922. Possibly on the St. Edward's University campus.
Date: 1922
Creator: Jordan Company
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Tornado Damage

Description: Fallen water tower at unknown location. Damaged caused by tornado on May 4th, 1922.
Date: 1922
Creator: Jordan Company
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Travis County Courthouse

Description: Exterior of the Courthouse with cars parked in the parking lot.
Date: June 18, 1931
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Treaty Oak with snow

Description: Treaty Oak covered with snow. Large limb on ground.
Date: unknown
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Trucks from Camp Mabry

Description: Trucks in a line on a road coming from Camp Mabry. The trucks blend in with the landscape and are difficult to distinguish.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Union Depot

Description: Photograph of Union Depot on Congress Avenue. Trains and passengers in view. Property of International & Great Northern Railroad.
Date: unknown
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library