Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Tornado Damage]

Description: Collapsed building in foreground with damaged buildings in background. Damaged caused by tornado on May 4th, 1922. Possibly on the St. Edward's University campus.
Date: 1922
Creator: Jordan Company
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Tornado Damage

Description: Fallen water tower at unknown location. Damaged caused by tornado on May 4th, 1922.
Date: 1922
Creator: Jordan Company
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Travis County Courthouse

Description: Exterior of the Courthouse with cars parked in the parking lot.
Date: June 18, 1931
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Treaty Oak with snow

Description: Treaty Oak covered with snow. Large limb on ground.
Date: unknown
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Trucks from Camp Mabry

Description: Trucks in a line on a road coming from Camp Mabry. The trucks blend in with the landscape and are difficult to distinguish.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Union Depot

Description: Photograph of Union Depot on Congress Avenue. Trains and passengers in view. Property of International & Great Northern Railroad.
Date: unknown
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[University of Texas football vs. Notre Dame]

Description: Caption reads: "Bohn Hilliard making touchdown that defeated Notre Dame Oct 6th 1934 in Notre Dame stadium final score Texas U 7 - Notre Dame 6."
Date: October 6, 1934
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

University of Texas grounds

Description: Three women sitting among the bluebonnets on the Campus grounds. In the background are the Woman's Building built 1903 on the left and the old Chemical Laboratory built 1891. Both buildings were destroyed by fire; the Woman's Building burned in 1959 and the Chemical Laboratory in 1926.
Date: 1903~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[University of Texas Old Main Building]

Description: Back of photograph reads: "University of Texas. This view shows the west wing of the present main building taken from about where Sutton Hall now stands. The erection of this was started in the fall of 1883 and finished in the summer of 1884. The University of Texas opened Sept. 1883 in the temporary Capitol building and moved to the west wing in the fall of 1884. Copy of old photograph."
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Unpaved Nineteenth Street

Description: Nineteenth Street looking east before street paving. Waller Creek bridge in view. Photo reads, "Asutin Street Paving, Soutwest Bitulithic Co., Contractor, H. R. F. Helland, Consulting Engineer."
Date: 1930-07-19~
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[The UT Tower and Littlefield Fountain]

Description: Looking north at the Tower on the University of Texas campus from the Littlefield Fountain with lily pads in the foreground.
Date: unknown
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

V-J Day Celebration

Description: Group of servicemen, women, and children on Congress Avenue celebrating the end of the war.
Date: August 14, 1945
Creator: Texas Photo Shop
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[V-J Day Celebration]

Description: Group of servicemen and women on Congress Avenue celebrating the end of the war.
Date: August 14, 1945
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[V-J Day Celebration]

Description: View from on top of a car of a crowd of people celebrating on Congress Avenue.
Date: August 14, 1945
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[V-J Day Celebration]

Description: A man with a microphone and a crowd stand outside the Paramount Theater on Congress Avenue.
Date: August 14, 1945
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library