Charles and Catherine Schulze Collection - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

C. P. Schulze House in Irving, Texas

Description: House of Charles Percy Schulze. This house was constructed in 1912 in Irving, Texas. Schulze married Virginia Tucker of Dallas that same year. C. P. Schulze was the brother of Irving's co-founder J. O. Schulze. J. O. returned to their hometown of Iowa City, Iowa, in 1905, leaving his business in the hands of his brother. C. P. Schulze remained in Irving and operated Irving Lumber Company from 1905 until his death in 1957. The Schulze family donated this house to the city of Irving in 1975, and today it is a 1910s-period house museum.
Date: 1970~
Partner: Irving Archives

Joseph Schulze

Description: Joseph Schulze, father of J. O. Schulze and C. P. Schulze, n.d. J. O. Schulze co-founded the city of Irving, Texas, in 1903. He started Irving Lumber Company that same year. J. O. returned to Iowa City in 1905, and his brother C. P. ran Irving Lumber from 1905 until his death in 1957.
Date: unknown
Partner: Irving Archives

J. O. Schulze, c. 1960

Description: Portrait of J. O. Schulze smoking a pipe, c. 1960. J. O. Schulze co-founded the city of Irving, Texas, in 1903. He was born in Iowa City, Iowa, in 1875. He was head of a Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf Railway survey crew when he came to Texas. He left the crew and founded the town of Irving along the tracks of the CRI&G between Dallas and Fort Worth in December 1903. During the summer of 1903, he married Agnes Sueppel Schulze in Iowa City, Iowa.
Date: 1960~
Partner: Irving Archives

Irving State Bank Board of Directors, 1949

Description: Members of the Irving State Bank board of directors, 1949. Standing left to right are: Dr. F. M. Gilbert; W. E. Harrington; John Brandenburg; Charlie Lucas; and Zack Gilliland; seated left to right are: Charles Schulze, Jr.; Louis Blaylock; Mac Clawson; Bill Gilbert; Larry Bellah; W. H. (Boots) Roberts; and Gus Crassons.
Date: 1949
Partner: Irving Archives

Irving School Sixth Grade Class, 1923 - 1924

Description: The sixth grade class of the Irving Schools, 1923-24. Charles Schulze is on top row, second from left. Charles Schulze was the nephew of Irving's co-founder J. O. Schulze. The Schulze family ran Irving Lumber Company for many decades. Charles Schulze was a member of the city commission and worked to make Irving a home rule city in the early 1950s.
Date: 1924
Partner: Irving Archives

C. P. Schulze, Sr., c. 1915

Description: C. P. Schulze, Sr., in yard. Schulze was the brother of J. O. Schulze, who was the co-founder of the city of Irving. Both were members of a Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf Railway survey crew. J. O. remained in Texas to found the town, and C. P. moved on with the crew. When J. O. and his wife had to return to Iowa City, Iowa, C. P. came to Irving and took over the lumber yard started by his brother. C. P. ran the lumber yard from 1905 until his death in 1957.
Date: 1915~
Partner: Irving Archives

C. P. Schulze, Sr., Home in Irving, Texas

Description: House of Charles Percy Schulze. This house was constructed in 1912 in Irving, Texas. Schulze married Virginia Tucker of Dallas that same year. C. P. Schulze was the brother of Irving's co-founder J. O. Schulze. J. O. returned to their hometown of Iowa City, Iowa, in 1905, leaving his business in the hands of his brother. C. P. Schulze remained in Irving and operated Irving Lumber Company from 1905 until his death in 1957. The Schulze family donated this house to the city of Irving in 1975, and today it is a 1910s-period house museum.
Date: 1913~
Partner: Irving Archives

Williamson Home, 1912

Description: The Williamson home, 1912. At the fence are Mae Williamson, Joe Williamson, Virginia Tucker Schulze, C. P. Schulze, and the Williamson children. The home was on the site of today's Nimitz High School in south Irving.
Date: 1912
Partner: Irving Archives

Williamson Home, 1912

Description: The Williamson home, 1912. The house was located on the site of today's Nimitz High School in south Irving. Seated in the yard are C. P. Schulze and wife Virginia, Joe and Mae Williamson, and the Williamson children.
Date: 1912
Partner: Irving Archives

E. M. Story Children, 1909

Description: The children of E. M. Story. Left to right are: Louis, Myrtle, Clarence, and Jane, 1909. The Story family were some of the first pioneers in northwest Dallas County. They came to the Irving area during the mid-nineteenth century.
Date: 1909
Partner: Irving Archives

E. M. Story House, 1909

Description: E. M. Story house, 1909. The Story family came to the Irving area during the second half of the 19th century. This house was on Britain Road near old downtown Irving. Shown in the picture are: front row: Clarence, Jane, and Myrtle Story; back row: unidentified, E. M. Story, and his wife Kate.
Date: 1909
Partner: Irving Archives

Virginia Tucker Schulze on Horseback, 1910

Description: Virginia Tucker Schulze on horseback at a ranch in Pyote, Texas. Virginia was the wife of C. P. Schulze, Sr. The Schulze family owned the Irving Lumber Company form it inception in 1903 until it closed during the 1980s. Back of photo reads: "My first ride to Brown's tank, August 1910."
Date: [1908..1910]
Partner: Irving Archives

Virginia Tucker Schulze with Friends, 1910

Description: Three women on horseback. Virginia Tucker Schulze with friends at a ranch in Pyote, Texas. Back of photo reads: “First ride to Brown tank, Madeline, Henrietta and Virginia.” Virginia Schulze was married to C. P. Schulze, Sr. The Schulze family owned Irving Lumber Company from the town's inception in 1903 until the 1980s.
Date: [1908..1910]
Partner: Irving Archives

J. O. and Agnes Schulze, c. 1904

Description: J. O. Schulze and his wife Agnes Sueppel Schulze in the doorway of their home, c. 1904. J. O. Schulze co-foundef the city of Irving, Texas, in 1903. He married Agnes Sueppel during that same year. Both were natives of Iowa City, Iowa. Due to Agnes's poor health, the couple left Irving and returned to Iowa City in 1905. The man in the center of the doorway is unidentified.
Date: 1904~
Partner: Irving Archives

J. O. Schulze in Suit and Derby, c. 1904

Description: J. O. Schulze in suit, overcoat, and derby, c. 1904. J. O. Schulze was co-founder of the town of Irving, Texas, in December of 1903. He had been leader of a Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf Railway survey crew that worked a ten-mile stretch between Dallas and Fort Worth. He and fellow crew member Otis Brown decided to remain in the area, and they established the town of Irving in 1903.
Date: 1904~
Partner: Irving Archives

J. O. Schulze's House in Irving, c. 1904

Description: Home of J. O. and Agnes Schulze in Irving, Texas, c. 1904. J. O. Schulze was the co-founder of the city of Irving in 1903. He and his wife built this house in Irving in about 1904. Due to Agnes's poor health, the couple had to return to Iowa City, Iowa in 1905. The house, which stood on the east side of Ohio Street in the first block south of present-day Irving Boulevard, burned in the mid-1980s.
Date: 1904~
Partner: Irving Archives