From Plowshares to Diplomas: Digitizing Early Denton History - 11 Matching Results

Search Results

Decatur Highway South of the Santa Fe Underpass

Description: View of unpaved Decatur Highway south of the Santa Fe railroad underpass. There is a Dodge touring car on the right side of the road. Houses are visible on the horizon on the left. Written in back of photo in blue in "This is the Ponder-Justin Rd. just South of the Santa Fe Underpass on the Old Decatur Highway with Z. Wigs' Dodge touring car in foreground.
Date: 1913
Partner: Denton Public Library

Decatur Highway Underpass

Description: Decatur Highway underpass below the Santa Fe Railroad. The road is unpaved and right before the underpass, in the distance, two unidentified men are visible standing on either side of an automobile. The highway still exists and the present-day location of the underpass is now called 11614 Jim Christal Rd., Krum, Texas.
Date: 1913
Partner: Denton Public Library

Educational Rally

Description: Students rallying for an unknown event or cause on the southeast corner of the Denton Square. The Denton County Courthouse is visible in the background.
Date: 1913
Location Info:
Partner: Denton Public Library

Educational Rally

Description: Students rallying for an unknown event or cause on the southeast corner of the Denton Square. The Denton County Courthouse is visible in the background.
Date: 1913
Location Info:
Partner: Denton Public Library

Educational Rally

Description: Students rallying for an unknown event or cause on the southeast corner of the Denton Square.
Date: 1913
Partner: Denton Public Library

Graveling of Decatur Highway

Description: Decatur Highway, west of Denton, being graveled by the Z. Wiggs crew in the summer of 1913. The man in the white shirt is Z. Wiggs, the rest are unidentified.
Date: 1913
Partner: Denton Public Library

Household Arts Building (1913)

Description: Several women near the steps of the Household Arts Building at Texas State College for Women. The three-story brick building has six columns with Ionian capitals. The Household Arts Building was the second largest instructional building erected on the campus of Texas Woman's University. The Legislature appropriated $75,000 for it, and the building was occupied with the opening of the 1913-14 school year. Additions, repairs and changes subsequently may have brought the total cost of the building to approximately $100,000. The building was the home of the Department of Home Economics.
Date: 1913~
Creator: Carruth Studio
Partner: Denton Public Library

[Portrait of an Unidentified Mother with a Child]

Description: Portrait of an unidentified mother with child. The little boy is standing dressed in a white suit with satin bow tie, knickers, and striped socks. The woman is in profile and is wearing a fur collar on a dressy suit coat, lace blouse, and has a beaded handbag on her lap.
Date: 1913~
Partner: Courthouse-on-the-Square Museum

[TSCW Household Arts Building (2nd floor, south gallery)]

Description: Photograph of the Household Arts Building's second floor balcony near the south gallery. A few troughs with plants growing in them are visible. The balcony is lined with a metal guardrail. Columns with Ionian capitals support the building right outside the balcony. Other parts of the Texas State College for Women campus including the Science Building are visible in the background. The Household Arts Building was completed in 1913.
Date: 1913~
Creator: Carruth Studio
Partner: Denton Public Library

[Z. Wiggs' Crew Building a Bridge]

Description: Z. Wiggs' crew building a bridge on Justin, Ponder, Krum Road located south of present-day Highway 380 between the Santa Fe railroad overpass and Ponder. "The Justin-Ponder-Krum Road in 1913 being graveled, having bridge built by the Z. Wiggs crew. This bridge is South of the present day state highway 380 between the Santa Fe Overpass & Ponder"
Date: 1913
Partner: Denton Public Library

[Z. Wiggs Sitting on a Culvert]

Description: Z. Wiggs sits on one of the culverts he built on Justin, Ponder, Krum Road. The road is unpaved and is flanked on both sides by open fields.
Date: 1913
Partner: Denton Public Library