From Plowshares to Diplomas: Digitizing Early Denton History - 9 Matching Results

Search Results

[City of Denton Planning and Zoning Commission]

Description: Photograph of the City of Denton Planning and Planning Commission (formed in 1959). The group is seated around a wooden desk in a room with a checkered pattern tile floor. From left to right: Conrad Callicoatte, he was hired as the City Engineer in 1960, at that time he was 24 and the youngest man in the upper levels of the City of Denton government. The woman seated next to him is Ms. Lonnie Yarbrough, Richard Ragsdale (Chairman), Harold Farmer, Roy Lagleder and Dr. Paul P. Young.
Date: 1960~/1961~
Partner: Denton Public Library

Exterior View of the Electric Manufacturing Company

Description: Exterior view of the south side of the Electric Manufacturing Company building with cars in the parking lot. The foreground is filled with a field of grass. The Electric Manufacturing Company is a division of the Amerace Corporation.
Date: 1960~
Partner: Denton Public Library

North Texas State University Administration Building

Description: Administration building with clock tower on the North Texas State University Campus. The foreground has a line of trees receding into the left and a full parking lot is on the right hand side of the image. The tree line is along Avenue A, looking south to the three-way intersection with Chestnut Avenue.
Date: 1960~
Partner: Denton Public Library

North Texas State University Administration Building

Description: Administration building with clock tower on the North Texas State University Campus. The foreground has a line of trees receding into the left and a full parking lot is on the right hand side of the image.
Date: 1960~
Partner: Denton Public Library

Post Office

Description: Old post office at the corner of North Locust and McKinney. There are multiple automobiles in the foreground of the image.
Date: 1960~
Partner: Denton Public Library

Flower Mound Presbyterian Church

Description: Photograph of Flower Mound Presbyterian Church, erected about 1890. A caption including a brief history of the church is included.
Date: June 1960
Partner: Denton Public Library