This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
Fort Bend Museum Collection - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [3rd Street, Rosenberg, after ice storm. "Main Street" written on photo.]
- Copy of photo of 3rd Street, Rosenberg, after ice storm. Taken from railroad crossing (foreground). Brick building on left side of street is marked, "Admiration Coffee;" building at right is "Meyer-Forster Land and Loan Co." Photo is labeled by photographer, "Main Street Covered with Ice, Rosenberg, Tex. Dec. 20, 42."
- [Argil Czigan.]
- Photograph of Argil Czigan (identified on back of photo in ink) taken in 1924. Czigan is standing next to a brick and cement rail to steps of a wooden house (in background). Czigan, who has dark hair, is wearing dark colored short pants and stocking, white shirt, dark tie. He is holding his jacket in his left hat. His right hand is down in front of him resting on his right thigh. Shrubs on right and a the top of a wooden building can be seen in top left corner. Stamped in back: Gregg "Houston's Kodak Finisher'"
- [Automobile underneath Palace of Sweets sign]
- Copy of photograph of automobile underneath Palace of Sweets sign, covered with ice, Rosenberg. Photo is labeled on front by photographer, "Ice covered car at Rosenberg, Tex., Dec. 20, 24." Identified on back of 4 x 6 as Mr. H.E. Boring Sr.'s Candy Shop.
- [Brick two story building with iced-over awning]
- Copy of photo of brick two story building with iced-over awning. Photo is labeled on front, "Ice Crash, Pickard & Huggins, Rosenberg, Tex, Dec. 20, 24." Meyer Forster Land and Loan building, 3rd. Street, Rosenberg.
- [Carl Czigan (as identified on back in ink) taken in 1924.]
- Photograph of Carl Czigan (as identified on back in ink) taken in 1924. Czigan is wearing dark short pants with dark stockings, white shirt, dark tie, and holding a dark hat with his left hand. His right hand is being him slightly. He is standing next to a white round column which supports a brick arched pavilion that leads to a brick building (on left). A picnic table can be seen on the cement of the pavilion (in center of photograph). Stamped in back: Gregg "Houston's Kodak Finisher'".
- [Mary Jones standing near the edge of a porch]
- Photographic print of Mary Jones (foreground) on porch with (left to right) Tom Jones, Jim Myers, Henry Jones, Virginia Booth, about 1924-1925. Top left corner is missing, and there is a 3.5 cm. tear located on right side, 3.3 cm. from top right corner. Mary is wearing a white dress with short sleeves rolled up to elbows and dark shoes. The men are sitting in wooden chairs that they have leaned back against the side of the house.
- [Palm trees in front of the Rosenberg Depot]
- Postcard image of the Rosenberg Depot. The depot is a one story stucco building with sign "ROSENBERG" on the top, front of building. Converging sidewalks can be seen leading to and around the depot. A row of small palm trees is on either side of sidewalk. Top of shrubs in foreground. Water tower in left background. Front of photo in white handwritting: "Beautiful Spot In Rosenberg, Texas".
- [Rosenberg Brazos River Bridge]
- Copy of photo of Rosenberg Brazos River Bridge after a snowstorm. Four men are standing at center of bridge.
- [Rosenberg street after ice storm]
- Copy of photo of Rosenberg street after ice storm. Three people on sidewalk at right of photo underneath power line. Steeple of church visible in background on left side of street. Photo is labeled by photographer, "Ice covered Street at Rosenberg, Tex. Dec 20, 24."