Fort Bend Museum Collection - 55 Matching Results

Search Results

[The Dedication of the Mamie George Prayer Chapel.]

Description: Photograph of the Dedication of the Mamie George Prayer Chapel by the Daughters of the American Revolution on June 12, 1960. Group of people (mainly women wearing hats). One is seated in front in a metal folding chair. Texas Flag to far left of photo. People in photo identified (in black type) as left to right: Back row: Mrs. Mary Huntington, Unknown, Unknown, Irma Dru Hutchison, Unknown, Reverend Oren Helvey, P.E. Peareson, Mrs. R.E. (Mary D.) Moore, Mrs. T.B. Robinson. Front row: Unknown, Mrs. Hampton Robinson, Reverend Skinner, Mrs. J.A. Wessendorff (Jane), Mrs. Rusk Roane, Mrs. Grace Briscoe (Mason), Maybelle Armstrong. Seated in front: Mrs. A.P. George (Mamie)
Date: June 12, 1960
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Eldridge Home in Sugar Land]

Description: Photo of the Eldridge Home, Sugar Land. Two and a half story house with closed in second story porch. Three cars are parallel parked in front of adjacent building and a truck is parked in front of the Eldridge Home. Water tower visible in upper right corner.
Date: 1962
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Fairview Café]

Description: Colored photograph of the Fairview Café that was located in the 3100 block (south side) of Avenue H, in Rosenberg, Texas. Café sign above entrance to the white stucco building reads: FAIRVIEW CAFÉ. STEAKS - SEA FOOD- CHICKEN. Green car in bottom center of photo and blue and white car on far right of photograph. Back of photo has Polaroid stamp. Fairview Café was built between 1932 and 1934 by Mr. Jess Ward and was later demolished in January 1979.
Date: 1964~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Fairview Café with a 1964 Ford]

Description: Colored Polaroid photograph of the Fairview Café with a 1964 Ford (green) car parked in front. The Café was located in the 3100 block , south side, of Avenue H in Rosenberg, Texas (the Fort Bend Federal Parking lot is now at this location). The Café is a white one story stucco building with red sign above entrance which proclaims: FAIRVIEW CAFÉ STEAKS SEA FOOD CHICKEN. Newspaper vending machines can be to the left on entrance. Back of photo has the Polaroid stamp. Fairview Café was built between 1932 and 1934 by Mr. Jess Ward and was later demolished in January 1979.
Date: 1964~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Fishing rod]

Description: Fishing rod that has a long yellowish-white rod with five [Blank] attached with yellow and black [Blank]. The handle is green painted metal. The cork grip is missing, mostly likely rotted off. The reel is a cylinder shape and is silver in color. It has four thin bars separating the two flat ends of the reel, and one big bar, the spool in the center with cloth string wrapped around it. One side has a crank for winding the string. It has yellow handles that have been painted black.
Date: 1960
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Grave of Thomas Jeff Smith]

Description: Print of the grave of Thos. Jeff. Smith in the Morton Cem., Rich. Smith was Mason Briscoe's Grandfather who was with Fanin at Goliada. Photo shows monument with urn on top at left, brick crypt at center, plain rectangular at right.
Date: 1962
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[J.H.P. Davis House]

Description: Photo of the J.H.P. Davis House, 1009 Main, Richmond. Pictured 3-16-1962, when is served at nurses home for Polly Ryon Hospital. House is painted all white, remains of green house at lower right.
Date: March 16, 1962
Partner: Fort Bend Museum