Fort Bend Museum Collection - 17 Matching Results

Search Results

[West end of Rosenberg]

Description: Photographic postcard West end of Rosenberg, showing curve in road. Railroad overpass in background. Postcard mailed from Norveil Phillippi to his mother, Hattie Phillippi in Indianapolis, IN, May 9, 1932.
Date: May 9, 1932
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

["Main St. looking north. Greetings from Rosenberg Tex."]

Description: Obverse: Photograph of Main St. looking north. Greetings from Rosenberg Tex. Bell's Racket Store., Ella May 14, 1907 written in pencil, Early 1900's, 1907 written in red ink; reverse: POST CARD, M. Black Box 372, San Antonio,Texas, Charles E. Myers in ink. Businesses seen on both sides of the street. Water tower seen at end of street. Two men in white shirts with dark pants are standing (facing each other) in the middle of the street. Horses and buggies parked on left and right sides of street. White or blank areas to top and right of photo.
Date: May 14, 1907
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

["Birds Eye View Rosenberg Tex."]

Description: Obverse: Photograph of Birds Eye View Rosenberg Tex. 4., E. W. Cumins Drugs, Mrs. Dawson & Ella and May 14, 1907 in pencil, Early 1900's, 1907 written in red pencil ; reverse: POST CARD, Charles E. Myers in ink. White or blank area at bottom of photo.
Date: May 14, 1907
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Union Depot Greetings from Rosenberg, Texas]

Description: Obverse: Photograph of Union Depot Greetings from Rosenberg Tex. Bell's Racket Store; 1907 written in red pencil ; reverse: POST CARD, M. Black Box 372, San Antonio, Texas, Ella's May 14, 07 in pencil, Charles E. Myers in ink. Water tower on left. Two men sitting on a wooden fence to far right of photo. White or blank area on right.
Date: May 14, 1907
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Four people standing near the banks of the flooded Brazos River.]

Description: Photograph of four people standing near the banks of the flooded Brazos River at Rosenberg, Texas in May of 1922. The four people are identified as Lee Roy Moers, Carl Czigan, Argil Czigan, and Mrs. W. C. Czigan. The boys are wearing white shirts with short pants. Mrs. Czigan is wearing a white dress with a sweater and she has her dark hair pulled up into a bun. There is a wooden structure (pier?) on the left of photograph. River bridge in center background.
Date: May 1922
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Photograph of Flooded Road]

Description: Photograph of a flooded road. Top/Bottom of photograph reads: ON TO ROSENBERG! A ROAD (MAY 1922). The road (center of photograph) has white caps of water going over it. Ditches on either side are filled with water, also. Utility poles line the right side of the road.
Date: May 1922
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Photograph of the Rosenberg Flood]

Description: Photograph of the "Rosenberg Flood 1922" as written at the bottom of the picture. A large group of people is standing on a road that has wooden barriers on it. The road is flooded and the land on both sides of this road is flooded also. A utility pole is in the far left side. Scattered trees in the background.
Date: May 1922
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[First Grade class of 1929 from Robert E. Lee School]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the First Grade class of 1929 from the Robert E. Lee School, in Rosenberg, Texas. Chalkboard sign in front of group reads: " Robert E. Lee School First Grade May 16, 1929. Miss Foerster. The teacher is standing in the back, center of group. She is wearing a light colored short sleeved dress. She has short dark hair, parted on the side. A brick building is in the background. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: May 16, 1929
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Wagons of cotton and James Alley]

Description: Postcard showing wagons of cotton and James Alley. Wagon on left has three men sitting on top of cotton. Two men standing in front of second wagon (from left). One man wearing suit and hat, the other dark pants, white shirt, suspenders, tie, and dark hat. BARNES BROS. building in background. Addressed to Mr. R.E. Duncan, Eagle Baker, Texas from Effie.
Date: May 14, 1912
Partner: Fort Bend Museum