Fort Bend Museum Collection - 4 Matching Results

Search Results

[The Moore Home in 1894.]

Description: Photograph of the Moore Home in 1894. Home is a two and a half story white, wooden building with large railed front porch. A man is sitting on the left of porch and Four children are standing/sitting on the front steps. Various lawn furniture in front of house. There is a double swing in right corner. Trees surround the house excluding the front walkway.
Date: 1894
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Mr. And Mrs. Worthington]

Description: Photograph of Mr. And Mrs. Worthington (as noted in pencil at bottom of photograph). The couple is standing in front of a two-story wooden home with shrubbery to their right and left. Mr. Worthington is wearing a dark, three-piece suit and hat. He has a cane in his left hand. Mrs. Worthington is wearing a long dress with dark trim at collar and sleeves. She has her left hand on a wooden table with flower arrangement on top of it. Back of photo in pencil reads: Grandpa and Grandma Worthington at their house in Richmond. Photograph is mounted on tan cardboard substrate. Cardboard has stains and thick black semi-circular area in top left corner.
Date: 1894
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Opening of the Brazos River Bridge in 1894]

Description: Photograph of the opening of the Brazos River Bridge in 1894. Couple on right (identified on back of copy of this photo) leaning against rail: Mr. And Mrs. J.J. Adams. The man standing to left in dark suit is identified as Buck Flanagan, the prison warden at Sugar Land. There are six people standing on the bridge. There is a dog to the right of the bridge.
Date: 1894
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[County bridge over Brazos at Richmond]

Description: Photograph of the opening of the "county bridge over Brazos at Richmond, June 20, 1894" as written in pencil on the front of the photo. Back of photo in pen: Joe and Alma Ryon. June 20, 1894. People are standing on the bridge. Seven men are standing/sitting on top beams of bridge and five are standing/sitting on the beam to far right that attaches to the ground structure. Photograph is mounted on tan cardboard substrate. Photo has foxing and stains. Cardboard has stains and is worn at the corners.
Date: June 20, 1894
Partner: Fort Bend Museum