Fort Bend Museum Collection - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Wedding portrait of Mary Kramr and Rehor Zapalac]
- Wedding portrait of Mary Kramr and Rehor Zapalac, 1891. The Zapalac family operated general stores in Fredek, TX and Sealy, TX. Zapalac is wearing a three piece suit with pin-striping. He has a flower pinned to the right side of the jacket. His hair is parted down the center. Kramr is wearing a satin jacket with buttons from neck to waist. Skirt is long and has lace trim in two rows near hemline; lace also at wrists and collar. Her veil reaches floor length. See accession file for supporting documents (copy) Scanned image is of the copy.
- [Rehor Zapalac store in Frydek, TX]
- Photo of Rehor Zapalac store, Frydek, TX. Girls at center front are probably Louise, Sophia, ?? And Vlasta. Boy on horse is probably Vladimir. Sign for Lone Star Beer is on building. Men in photo are holding mugs of beer. Two men are standing in first door, three people are standing in second door. Boy on horseback ponying another horse toward right. Pair of white horses is harnessed to a wagon that is backed up to the door on right. Scanned image is of the copy.
- [Full length portrait of Louise Mary Zapalac]
- Studio (full length) portrait of Louise Mary Zapalac, probably about the time of her marriage in 1910. Zapalac is wearing a white shirtwaist and a dark skirt. Louise has her dark hair parted in the center and pulled back into a bun. She has her left arm by her side (watch on wrist and ring on finger), and her right arm behind her. Scanned image is of the copy.
- [Clara and Frank Maresh]
- Clara and Frank Maresh dressed in WWI Red Cross and Army uniforms for the funeral of their uncle Frank Maresh's funeral in Sealy, TX Clara is wearing a white dress with white nurse habit on her head. She is holding a white flag with cross on it. Frank is wearing a army uniform and is holding an American flag. Scanned image is of the copy.
- [School children dressed in WWI Red Cross and Army uniforms]
- Studio portrait of school children dressed in WWI Red Cross and Army uniforms for the funeral of Frank Maresh in 1918. Maresh died in France shortly after WWI ended. His body was returned to Sealy and buried in the local cemetery. Children in front row are Clara and Frank Maresh, niece and nephew of Frank. Boy and girl in front row are each holding a flag (girl cross; boy American flag). Scanned image is of the copy.
- [Mrs. J. G. Wessendorff as a young woman.]
- Photograph of Mrs. J. G. Wessendorff as a young woman. Wessendorff is wearing a dark dress with ruffled netting at the shoulders. Beadwork trim at neckline and around bodice. She has a flower on her right shoulder with the stem extending across her upper chest. Her dark hair is parted in the center. Photograph is mounted on a cardboard substrate with gold design that separates photo from photographer's name in gold: Irwin & Mankins, Bellville, Texas.