Fort Bend Museum Collection - 11 Matching Results

Search Results

[County bridge over Brazos at Richmond]

Description: Photograph of the opening of the "county bridge over Brazos at Richmond, June 20, 1894" as written in pencil on the front of the photo. Back of photo in pen: Joe and Alma Ryon. June 20, 1894. People are standing on the bridge. Seven men are standing/sitting on top beams of bridge and five are standing/sitting on the beam to far right that attaches to the ground structure. Photograph is mounted on tan cardboard substrate. Photo has foxing and stains. Cardboard has stains and is worn at the corners.
Date: June 20, 1894
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

["50 Homeseekers from Indiana. Booth Texas June 10th, 1909".]

Description: Photograph (copy) of "50 Homeseekers from Indiana. Booth Texas June 10th, 1909." as written in white at bottom of the photograph. The men of various ages are all dressed basically the same: in dark pants, white shirts, ties, and jackets. Most of them are wearing hats. Background left is a white one-story wooden building; background right is a moss draped tree; and in center is partial view of an automobile. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: June 10, 1909
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Turricchi's Café]

Description: Photograph (copy) of Turricchi's Café that was located on the east side of Third Street and Avenue F, June 22, 1921. Sidewalk in far left corner. Puddle of water in foreground. Restaurant sign on dark painted two story building. Two other businesses can be seen on the street. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: June 22, 1921
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Holy Rosary Catholic Church, a stucco building]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the Holy Rosary Catholic Church built in 1925 on the corner of Avenue H and 6th Street. The church is a stucco building with the bell tower on the northeast corner. A cross tops the bell tower and another one tops the building above the double door entrance. A Priest in black robe is standing on front steps of church. A statue can be seen on a ledge at the top of the northwest corner of the church. A large tree can be seen on far right of photo. Bottom of photo reads: THE HOLY ROSARY CHURCH, ROSENBERG, TEXAS, WHERE THE FIRST SOLEMN EUCHARISTIC PROCESSION WAS HELD ON 7TH OF JUNE, 1931. FIVE THOUSAND PEOPLE WERE IN ATTENDANCE. Scanned image is of the copy, as are the dimensions.
Date: June 7, 1931
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Dedication of St. Paul's Presbyterian Church]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the dedication of St. Paul's Presbyterian Church in Needville, Texas on June 29, 1941. On front of photo in white is written: June 29, 1941 Needville, Tex. Schlueter History. Saint Pauls Presbyterian Church. Large group of people standing/sitting in front of the northeast corner of the white wooden church building. All windows visible have wooden arches (pointed). Double front doors to the church are open. (People standing in doorway.) Scanned image is of copy.
Date: June 29, 1941
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Members of St. Paul's Presbyterian Church]

Description: Photograph (copy) of members of the St. Paul's Presbyterian Church in Needville, Texas on the day of the church dedication ceremony - June 29, 1941. (Written on back in type). First row (of men and women) is seated. Second row (of men) is standing. Church building is to right (background) with front doors open. Trees and a house are visible in background. Scanned image is of a copy.
Date: June 29, 1941
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Fort Bend County Courthouse addition construction, lumber and tools to the left]

Description: Photograph of Fort Bend County Courthouse addition construction, June 3, 1957. Contractor was Bell Construction. Foundation work. A man wearing light colored pants, dark shirt, gloves, and hat is walking across the new foundation. Another man to left of foundation is wearing a hardhat with light colored shirt. Partial view of man with straw hat (dark band) on far right. Man (back of) in a trench next to the new foundation on the right.
Date: June 3, 1957
Partner: Fort Bend Museum