Fort Bend Museum Collection - 22 Matching Results

Search Results

[Fort Bend County Courthouse c. 1970-1988]

Description: Photograph of Fort Bend County Courthouse. Photo taken as a publicity shot for the Suburbia Newspaper. Taken before restoration. Photograph taken of the northeast corner of the building. Tree branches in top left corner of photo. Image dimensions are: 13.3 cm X 8.8 cm. Photograph has white area surrounding it.
Date: 1970/1988
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Jane Long's tombstone in Morton Cemetery.]

Description: Photograph of Jane Long's tombstone in Morton Cemetery. Photo taken as a publicity shot for the Suburbia Newspaper. Taken before stone was cleaned. Free standing tombstone in center of photograph distinctly reads LONG near bottom. Three other freestanding tombstones can be seen to the left of photograph. Tree branches at top of photograph. Trees in background.
Date: 1970/1988
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Erastus (Deaf) Smith monument on Fort Bend County Courthouse lawn.]

Description: Photo of Erastus "Deaf" Smith located on courthouse lawn. Taken as publicity shot for Suburbia Newspaper. Taken prior to courthouse restoration. The monument is a free standing monument with a bust of Smith at top. Sidewalk begins at bottom right of photo and goes up and around the monument. There is a bench near the sidewalk and across from the monument.
Date: 1979~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Fairview Café]

Description: Colored Polaroid photograph of the Fairview Café which was located on the south side of the 3100 block of Ave H. in Rosenberg, Texas. The Café was built between 1932 and 1934 by Jess Ward. It was demolished in 1979. The café was a one story white stucco building with sign above front entrance that reads: FAIRVIEW CAFÉ. STEAKS - SEA FOOD - CHICKEN. Newspaper vending machines can be seen to the left of the doorway. Small white building and a boat in far right background. Polaroid is stamped on the back.
Date: 1979~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Fort Bend County Courthouse under construction]

Description: Photograph of Fort Bend County Courthouse Annex. Photo taken as a publicity shot for the Suburbia Newspaper. Building under construction. Large newly budding trees obstruct complete view of the building. A tin building can be seen on the right of the photograph. Building is surrounded by a construction wire fence. Street in foreground.
Date: April 1979
Partner: Fort Bend Museum