Fort Bend Museum Collection - 2,342 Matching Results

Search Results

[Moore Home, Candlelight tour. View of the northwest corner of the house.]

Description: Photograph of Moore Home, Candlelight tour. Taken as publicity shot for Saburbia newspaper. The photograph was taken from the lawn near the northwest corner of the house. Tree branches (oak) in top right corner. Another partial view of tree on left of photograph. Photograph has ragged edges on left. Image dimensions are: 10.9 cm X 16.5 cm. Large white area at top.
Date: 1980~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Fort Bend County Courthouse under construction]

Description: Photograph of Fort Bend County Courthouse Annex. Photo taken as a publicity shot for the Suburbia Newspaper. Building under construction. Large newly budding trees obstruct complete view of the building. A tin building can be seen on the right of the photograph. Building is surrounded by a construction wire fence. Street in foreground.
Date: April 1979
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Erastus (Deaf) Smith monument on Fort Bend County Courthouse lawn.]

Description: Photo of Erastus "Deaf" Smith located on courthouse lawn. Taken as publicity shot for Suburbia Newspaper. Taken prior to courthouse restoration. The monument is a free standing monument with a bust of Smith at top. Sidewalk begins at bottom right of photo and goes up and around the monument. There is a bench near the sidewalk and across from the monument.
Date: 1979~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Fairview Café]

Description: Colored Polaroid photograph of the Fairview Café which was located on the south side of the 3100 block of Ave H. in Rosenberg, Texas. The Café was built between 1932 and 1934 by Jess Ward. It was demolished in 1979. The café was a one story white stucco building with sign above front entrance that reads: FAIRVIEW CAFÉ. STEAKS - SEA FOOD - CHICKEN. Newspaper vending machines can be seen to the left of the doorway. Small white building and a boat in far right background. Polaroid is stamped on the back.
Date: 1979~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum