Fort Bend Museum Collection - 1,109 Matching Results

Search Results

[Cole's Liberty Theatre, owned by Mart Cole]

Description: Photograph (copy) of Cole's Liberty Theatre, which was owned by Mart Cole from 1919 until it was sold by his heirs about 1983. The theatre was located on the west side of Third Street (900 block). Two story brick building with covered sidewalk in front. Sign in front reads: COLE'S LIBERTY THEATRE. Business on left is Palace Sweets. Automobiles parked in front of theatre (one full view, the other partial). Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Dr. Dew's Residence - the Dew Brothers Plantation]

Description: Photograph (copy) of Dr. Dew's Residence - the Dew Brothers Plantation. The plantation is a two story wooden house with a white columned front porch and a balcony with white railing (and columns). Banana trees on right and left of house. Two men are standing on the front balcony. On the west side of the house is a covered section. Brick fireplace at northwest corner of house. Scanned image is of the copy. The Dew Plantation House was recently relocated by Historic Houston to Kitty Hollow Park. The original portion of the house consisted of a two story L-shaped wood framed structure was relocated on Feb. 24, 2006.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[The home of Dr. and Mrs. John S. Yates]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the home of Dr. and Mrs. John S. Yates built in 1909. The home was located on the corner of Avenue M and Fourth Street in Rosenberg, Texas. The house is a one and a half story white wooden building with a columned porch. Porch has railing at bottom and at top. Pot plant boxes sit along the rail of the porch steps. Shrubs in front of the house, and a fence can be seen in the foreground. A bare tree partially obscures the house. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: 1909~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Beasley Depot - The Macrenia Railroad]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the Beasley Depot. The depot was on the New York, Texas & Mexican Railway which was nicknamed the "Macaroni Line" since it was constructed largely by Italian immigrant workers. The railway was later purchased by the Southern Pacific Railroad. The depot is a one story wooden building painted with light colors and dark trim. A sign reads: BEASLEY on the east side of the building. Crowd of people are gathered outside of the building. A locomotive is seen on the far right of photo. Train tracks in foreground. Bottom of photo in white reads: Photo. By Congdon. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Two snow covered houses on Second street]

Description: Photograph (copy) of two houses on Second street taken during a snow storm. Wooden house on the right has a porch swing on the left side of porch and a bench on the right. Snow covers the front yard and the shrubs that surround the porch. The second wooden house shows the snow topped roof. Sidewalk on far left of photo. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[FairView Courts with snow]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the FairView Courts with snow, that were located in the 3100 block of Avenue H, south side, Rosenberg, Texas. The motel building was a white stucco building which had two arches that led from the main building to the courts on right and left. Driveways under the arches led to more courts which formed a square parking area inside. A "Quaker State" sign can be seen on the left of the photo. A truck is parked to the far right. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Richmond, Texas under snow]

Description: Photo mounted on cardboard. Richmond, Texas looking East from the top of the court house on Morton Street. Ground and buildings are covered with snow. Jane Long Boarding House in foreground on right. Ed Priester Baker, Confectioner, and Groceries is located in center of photo.
Date: 1892
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Fifth grade class at Rosenberg School]

Description: Photograph (copy) of fifth grade class at Rosenberg School in 1913. Students have been identified as left to right: Teacher, Lena Goodman, Rose Sibyl, LaVonne Hobbs, Clarie Coats, Elizabeth Weisner, Norma Whistler, Marie Moore, Edwin Hardin, Ben D. Ward, Supt. V.L. Peterson Second row: Neta Donnaly, Nelly Ray Lowery, Ethel Speight, Leora Cooper, ?? Hopkins, Josie Marshall, Eula Hopkins, Garna Ward, Helen Griffith Third row: Sidney Clark, Lewis J.O. Vogelsang, Burt Gray, Percy McKean, L.F. O'Shieles, Alphonse Schmidt, Louie Parrott, Henry Meyer, Joe Tobola , Floyd Ryba, Edwin Kroesche, Johnnie McNabb. The students are standing in front of a white wood building. Bottom row far left, teacher is wearing a white dress with a flower pinned to the center of her dress. The Superintendent is wearing a dark suit with white shirt and he is sitting on a wooden barrel on right of first row. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: 1913
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Two houses on Second street in Rosenberg, trees bending from ice storm]

Description: Photograph (copy) of two houses on Second street in Rosenberg taken after a snow storm. Two wooden houses on the right side of the street (and partial view of a third at far right) have snow topped roofs. The small trees seen outside of the fenced front yards are bowing to the weight of ice (especially the two trees to far right, which are touching the ground.) Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Fort Bend Hospital]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the Fort Bend Hospital that was located on Avenue H in Rosenberg, Texas. The hospital was a one story white brick building with shuttered windows. An automobile was parked to far left and another one to the right of the front columned entrance to the hospital. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Rosenberg Railroad Station]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the Rosenberg Railroad Station from the south side. The station is a white stucco building with palm and shrub landscaping around it. Three people can be seen on the sidewalk to far left of photo and a young woman is standing on far right in front of the railroad tracks. She is wearing a light colored dress with a darker colored sweater. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[West end of the Rosenberg Railroad Station]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the west end of the Rosenberg Railroad Station. The station building is a white stucco building. A woman is sitting on a flat wagon to far right of photo. Palm trees and shrubbery landscaping behind the wagon. A train (Southern Pacific) can be seen in the background. Train tracks in the foreground (left). Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Street scene in Rosenberg, City Drug Store to the left]

Description: Photograph (copy) of street scene in Rosenberg, Texas circa: 1915. Businesses seen are City Drug Store (far right brick building) A.G. Neighbor, Proprietor; City Bakery; and Meat Market. Two men are standing on sidewalk in front of the City Drugs. A man is walking in front of City Bakery. Person is standing in the doorway of the Meat Market and two adults and two children in white can be seen at far end of sidewalk. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: 1915~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Sunday School class of Christian Church]

Description: Photograph (copy) of a Sunday School class of Christian Church that was built in early 1900's. First row of children is seated on the grass. Second row is standing. Two adults in back of group: to left a man wearing a dark jacket and white shirt; to right a woman wearing a light colored dress with white collar and a large hat. The group is standing in front of a white wooden building (two windows visible). Bottom of photo reads; PHOTO BY HOLMAN ROSENBERG, NOVEMBER 1912. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: November 1912
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Prisoner barracks on the Fort Bend County Fair Ground]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the prisoner barracks on the Fort Bend County Fair Grounds used during World War II. Three one story wooden buildings seen in photo. Building on far left is white, building in center is dark painted with white trim and has two porches with railing. Sign at northwest corner reads: VETERANS (rest not legible). A man is standing on the west end of the building (on sidewalk), the third building is white and can only be partially seen. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Cotton Yard at Rosenberg, Texas]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the "Cotton Yard at Rosenberg, Texas" as written on the bottom of the photo in white. The yard was at the depot and Avenue F. Rows of cotton bales on a wooden platform. A tin storage roof to the right. A two story white building in left background. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Main building at the old Fort Bend County Fairground]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the main building at the old Fort Bend County Fairgrounds. White wooden one story building with two main entrances. Entrance to left of photo reads: COMMERCIAL BUILDING and the entrance to right reads: FORT BEND COUNTY FAIR. People can be seen walking up sidewalk to entrance on right. Others can be seen sitting on benches near the chain link fence. Street and parking lot in foreground. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum