Fort Bend Museum Collection - 83 Matching Results

Search Results

[Business section of Rosenberg taken from Avenue H]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the business section of Rosenberg taken from Avenue H down Third Street Circa 1930's. In white on bottom of photo is printed: BUSINESS SECTION, ROSENBERG, TEX. Cole Theatre on left with movie "Play Girl" advertised. On right of street at corner is Ost Garage and then Ost Barber shop. Cars and trucks parked on both sides of the street. A car and a truck are in the middle of the street. A stoplight is seen at top left of photo. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Shultz Equipment Company]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the Shultz Equipment Company that was located at Third Street and Avenue I. The store was destroyed by a fire in the 1940's. The store building is a two story brick building with glass front. Canopies cover part of the sidewalk (canopy on corner is rolled up). A truck is parked in front. Six automobiles are parked on the east side of building. Sign over front door reads: MAYTAG APPLIANCES. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[The observance of the 100th anniversary of the Methodist Church.]

Description: Photograph of the observance of the 100th anniversary of the Methodist Church in Richmond, Texas. As stated on back in green ink (and blue) the church was founded in 1839 (January 22) and celebrated its 100th anniversary in 1939.Goup of people standing in church yard (including choir dressed in white robe tops to center of photo). Small bare shrub in right corner of photo. Church to left background. White two-story building in far background and large tree to right.
Date: 1939
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Lourdes Grotto on the grounds of the Catholic Church]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the Lourdes Grotto on the grounds of the Catholic Church at Avenue H and 6th Streets in Rosenberg, Texas. Taken in 1937. The grotto is a rock formation with an opening that has an altar inside. A statue of the Blessed Mary can be seen in an alcove to the top right of the grotto. The grotto is covered with greenery and surrounded by it also. Small wooden building with lattice in front of it on far right of photo. Scanned image is of the copy. Dimensions are of the copy.
Date: 1937
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Holy Rosary Catholic Church, a stucco building]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the Holy Rosary Catholic Church built in 1925 on the corner of Avenue H and 6th Street. The church is a stucco building with the bell tower on the northeast corner. A cross tops the bell tower and another one tops the building above the double door entrance. A Priest in black robe is standing on front steps of church. A statue can be seen on a ledge at the top of the northwest corner of the church. A large tree can be seen on far right of photo. Bottom of photo reads: THE HOLY ROSARY CHURCH, ROSENBERG, TEXAS, WHERE THE FIRST SOLEMN EUCHARISTIC PROCESSION WAS HELD ON 7TH OF JUNE, 1931. FIVE THOUSAND PEOPLE WERE IN ATTENDANCE. Scanned image is of the copy, as are the dimensions.
Date: June 7, 1931
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Wooden shipping box]

Description: Wooden shipping box for "Kelly Perfect Axes, Kelly Axe & Tool Works of the American Fork & How Co. Charleston, W.Va., USA." (preceding text printed on side of box) Box contained "4 to 5 Dayton Pattern No. 2 hdls Red Tip Thin Blade," according to text printed on bottom of the box. 10-19-1937 imprinted on one end of the box. Water stains evident on wood.
Date: 1937
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Ruby Lois Wendt and Marilyn Nichols]

Description: Photographic print of Ruby Lois Wendt and Marilyn Nichols, 1938. Ruby is wearing a striped button up short sleeve blouse with matching shorts. She is seated on a large rock. Marilyn is wearing a white button up blouse with matching shorts. She is leaning against a large tree in the background. River and trees in the background.
Date: 1938
Partner: Fort Bend Museum