Fort Bend Museum Collection - 2,342 Matching Results

Search Results

[Aerial view of Rosenberg]

Description: Photograph (copy) of an aerial view of Rosenberg looking southwest. On the second block from bottom, a tower can be seen toward right side of photo. Also on second block from bottom toward left side is a two long narrow buildings joined by walkway that has many cars parked in front of it.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Girls basketball team]

Description: Photograph (copy) of a girls basketball team. They are identified as first row: unidentified, Aurelia Tinsley, Verla Handchew. Back row: Unidentified, ?? Matledge, Emma Hopkins, ?? Matledge, Beth Roberts, Unidentified, ?? Hand, Mary Cruse, Chat Hopkins. Three girls are sitting on the ground in front of nine girls that are standing. Fence and trees in background (one on left, one on right). Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Interior of the Charles Seydler's Grocery]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the interior of the Charles Seydler's Grocery located in the middle of the 900 block of Third Street in Rosenberg, Texas. Behind the counter on left is Phillip Brandt; behind counter on right is Charles Seydler, owner of the store. Cans and other goods can be stacked neatly on shelves to the right and left of photo. Canisters, boxes and sacks are leaning against the left counter. Boxes are also stacked on the left counter top. More boxes stacked just to the left of the center of the photo. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: 1922
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Turricchi's Café]

Description: Photograph (copy) of Turricchi's Café that was located on the east side of Third Street and Avenue F, June 22, 1921. Sidewalk in far left corner. Puddle of water in foreground. Restaurant sign on dark painted two story building. Two other businesses can be seen on the street. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: June 22, 1921
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Cole's Liberty Theatre, owned by Mart Cole]

Description: Photograph (copy) of Cole's Liberty Theatre, which was owned by Mart Cole from 1919 until it was sold by his heirs about 1983. The theatre was located on the west side of Third Street (900 block). Two story brick building with covered sidewalk in front. Sign in front reads: COLE'S LIBERTY THEATRE. Business on left is Palace Sweets. Automobiles parked in front of theatre (one full view, the other partial). Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Baker and Hirsch Store]

Description: Photo mounted on cardboard. Baker and Hirsch Store. Two men behind store counter to left of photo. Four other men in store. Bunch of bananas suspended from a rope in center of photo. Cardboard mount is broken away in several places.
Date: 1900
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Man standing next to a bull]

Description: Photograph (copy) of a man standing next to a bull. The man, wearing light colored pants, shirt and hat, is holding a cane in his left hand. He has his right hand on the back of the bull. An automobile can be seen in the right background. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Dr. Dew's Residence - the Dew Brothers Plantation]

Description: Photograph (copy) of Dr. Dew's Residence - the Dew Brothers Plantation. The plantation is a two story wooden house with a white columned front porch and a balcony with white railing (and columns). Banana trees on right and left of house. Two men are standing on the front balcony. On the west side of the house is a covered section. Brick fireplace at northwest corner of house. Scanned image is of the copy. The Dew Plantation House was recently relocated by Historic Houston to Kitty Hollow Park. The original portion of the house consisted of a two story L-shaped wood framed structure was relocated on Feb. 24, 2006.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[The home of Dr. and Mrs. John S. Yates]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the home of Dr. and Mrs. John S. Yates built in 1909. The home was located on the corner of Avenue M and Fourth Street in Rosenberg, Texas. The house is a one and a half story white wooden building with a columned porch. Porch has railing at bottom and at top. Pot plant boxes sit along the rail of the porch steps. Shrubs in front of the house, and a fence can be seen in the foreground. A bare tree partially obscures the house. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: 1909~
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Baby sitting in a wicker chair]

Description: Photograph (copy) of a baby sitting in a wicker chair. Back of photo in pencil reads: Ransome (?). The infant is wearing a white lace trimmed outfit. Trim is at collar and hem. Child's right hand is resting near arm of chair. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Beasley Depot - The Macrenia Railroad]

Description: Photograph (copy) of the Beasley Depot. The depot was on the New York, Texas & Mexican Railway which was nicknamed the "Macaroni Line" since it was constructed largely by Italian immigrant workers. The railway was later purchased by the Southern Pacific Railroad. The depot is a one story wooden building painted with light colors and dark trim. A sign reads: BEASLEY on the east side of the building. Crowd of people are gathered outside of the building. A locomotive is seen on the far right of photo. Train tracks in foreground. Bottom of photo in white reads: Photo. By Congdon. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Group of students]

Description: Photograph (copy) of a group of students. They are identified as: First row: Marie Moers, Mildred Keith, Rose Sibyl, last 3 unidentified. Second row: LaVonne Hobbs, Elizabeth Weisner, Viola Rawson, Leora Cooper, Nita Donnaly, Alma (?) Callander, unidentified, Lucy Tinsley. Third row: Edgar Gray, W.I. Moody, Burt Gray, Ben D. Ward, L.F. O'Shieles, Louis Vogelsang. The group is sitting on the steps in front of a brick building. The white double front doors are opened. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum

[Two snow covered houses on Second street]

Description: Photograph (copy) of two houses on Second street taken during a snow storm. Wooden house on the right has a porch swing on the left side of porch and a bench on the right. Snow covers the front yard and the shrubs that surround the porch. The second wooden house shows the snow topped roof. Sidewalk on far left of photo. Scanned image is of the copy.
Date: unknown
Partner: Fort Bend Museum