Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures - 17 Matching Results

Search Results

First Garza County Court

Description: Photograph of the first Garza County Court. There are several men seated and standing in front of a canvas tent. All of the men are wearing hats and some are wearing neckties and some vests. In the front row, left to right are: S.C. Wilkes, L.F. Barrow, Walter Roy, and a Mr. Davis. In the back row, left to right: W.E. Alexander, Hal Murrey, Bud Boren, B.F. Wilkes and Oscar Kelly. In the middle of the frame is an old automobile with people in it. On the left side of the frame is a covered wagon and in the foreground is a saddle.
Date: July 1907
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library

The Lucas Gusher, 1901

Description: Photograph of the Lucas gusher in 1901. The Lucas gusher is a spindletop that is gushing oil out of the top of it. On the ground surrounding the spindletop are several workers, two holding a large hose.
Date: 1901
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library

Matador Ranch Headquarters

Description: Photograph of the Matador Ranch Headquarters in 1901. The man on the platform who is fishing is Johnnie McBain, the ranch bookkeeper at that time. Standing next to McBain is Mrs. B.F. Harper and the other girl is Esther Cammack.
Date: 1901
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library

Oil Field in Beaumont, Texas, 1901

Description: Photograph of very many derricks in an oil field. In the foreground are wooden shacks, stacks of wooden boards, smokestacks with smoke plumes rising out of them. In the bottom right-hand corner is the name, "Trost".
Date: 1901
Creator: Trost Studio
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library