Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures - 6 Matching Results

Search Results

Branding on the Half Circle 84 Ranch

Description: Photograph of cowboys branding cattle on the Half Circle 84 Ranch in New Mexico during the 1890s.
Date: 1890~
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library

Denner-Record and Capps Building in Ft. Worth, Texas

Description: Photograph of the Denner-Record building and the Capps building on Fifth and Throckmorton Streets in Ft. Worth, Texas. The building is five stories tall and brick with a fire escape. It is surrounded by a sidewalk that is lined with bicycles and horse-drawn buggies. On the left side of the frame is a church tower and on the right is a sign that reads, "SUCCESS".
Date: 1890
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library

LFD Ranch

Description: Photograph of cowboys catching horses on the LFD Ranch near Midland. The cowboys stand holding ropes near a large herd of horses. A pile of fire wood is next to the cooking pots on the right of the photo.
Date: 1890~
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library

[Portrait of E. C. Pendry]

Description: Photograph of E.C. Pendry, wearing a dark suit and hat, posing behind a penny-farthing bicycle. He is standing in front of a studio backdrop of the countryside.
Date: 1890~/1899~
Creator: Swartz
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library

Section Foremen of the T&P Railway

Description: Photograph from 1890 of the section foremen on the Texas and Pacific Railway that ran between Sherman and Fort Worth. Standing L-R: William Ballew who had the Pilot Point section, T. Flynn who had the Collinsville north section, Joe Boston who had the Denton section. Seated L-R: B. Price who had the Tioga section, J. Wiggs who had the Collinsville south section, and John McLamore who had the Aubrey section.
Date: 1890
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library

Unidentified Outfit in the Pecos River Area

Description: Photograph of a group of cowboys having dinner on the range in the Pecos River Valley. The men have plates in their laps as they sit near the chuck wagon. Two of the men are John B. Thaxton and Hugh Barber.
Date: 1890~
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library