Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

Headquarters if the Bar CC Ranch

Description: Photograph of the headquarters at the old Bar CC Ranch in 1886. There are four buildings in this picture, one is a log cabin. The headquarters was located in Ochiltree County at the top of the Texas panhandle.
Date: 1886
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library

Roundup at Bar CC Ranch

Description: Photograph of a roundup on Bar CC Rance in 1886, near the old ranch headquarters on Wolf Creek. Jas McKenzie the ranch manager, is in the center on the bobtailed horse and Ed Brainard, the range boss, is the furthest man on the right.
Date: 1886
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library

Buildings at Bar CC Ranch in 1866

Description: Photograph of the old Bar CC Ranch in 1886. The men on horseback are (L-R) Ed Brainerd and Mac Gates. One of the men on the porch is Dave Lard.
Date: unknown
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: University of Texas at Arlington Library

Bill Herndon

Description: Photograph of Bill Herndon. Written on the back of the photo, "Born and raised on the Lazy Y Ranch in Ochiltree County, Bill is the third generation of his family to raise Hereford cattle and good horses along Wolf Creek. After planning and observing for twenty years, he chose northeastern Oklahoma as the site for the horse operation of his dreams."
Date: 1977
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum