Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

["Presentation," party for Jewish Debutantes, 1951]

Description: Photograph of the "Presentation" party for Jewish Debutantes in 1951 in the Venetian Ballroom of the Blackstone Hotel, Fort Worth. The women are arrayed on a staircase in two rows. They are holding bouquets of flowers and wearing formal gowns. There is a palm frond potted plant at the bottom of the stairs. The women from left to right on the back row: Barbara Walensky (Zale), Esther Rosenthal, Gloria Laves, La Rue Glickman (Glazer), Sandra Rashti, Jayne Meyers (Eisen), Sonja Sandler (Stenzler), Sandra Miron (Freed), Yvonne Greene (Lewis). The women from left to right on the front row: Dorothy Prager, Sara Rashti, Realene "Bootsie" Mehl (Coggan), Sandra Zaetler.
Date: 1951
Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives

[Façade, Beth-El Congregation, 1949]

Description: Exterior photograph of the facade of the Beth-El Congregation synagogue at 207 W. Broadway Avenue in Fort Worth. The building was restored after a fire. The congregation occupied the building from 1920 until 2000. It is still standing.
Date: 1951
Creator: Lawrence Thomas-Allen Co.
Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives

Crew of B-36B plane No.69

Description: Photograph of the crew of the B-36B airplane No. 69 standing on the ground near the nose. The men are (L-R): P. Gerbaz, C.J. Driskell, R.E. Fisher, G.W. Hofeller, L.C. Brandvig, and W. J. Martin. Their luggage sits on the ground next to them.
Date: August 16, 1950
Partner: Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, Fort Worth

Crew of B-36B plane No.69

Description: Photograph of the crew of the B-36B airplane No. 69 standing on the ground near the nose. The men are (L-R): P. Gerbaz, C.J. Driskell, R.E. Fisher, G.W. Hofeller, L.C. Brandvig, and W. J. Martin. Their luggage sits on the ground next to them.
Date: August 16, 1950
Partner: Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, Fort Worth

Guard at Main Gate

Description: Photograph of a guard checking a car at the entrance gate in October 1950. A sign above the guard shack directs traffic during shift changes.
Date: October 9, 1950
Partner: Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company, Fort Worth