Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

Courtney Goodman

Description: Photograph of Courtney Goodman of Blum, Texas crowned as the 1984-85 Shorthorn Lassie Queen on June 10, 1984 at the state field day in Bardwell, Texas.
Date: June 10, 1984
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Ernie Gill

Description: Photograph of Ernie Gill, coordinator of the American Paint Horse Association in 1980.
Date: 1980
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Milt Hinkle

Description: Photograph of Milt Hinkle in October 1981.
Date: October 1981
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Cowboys at the Waggoner Ranch, 1983

Description: Photograph of Jimmy Patterson, Dick Yeager and Richard Siegel at the Waggoner Ranch, a 550,000 acre ranch in North Central Texas near Vernon.
Date: 1983
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Cowboys at the Waggoner Ranch, 1983

Description: Photograph of Joe Parker, Byers, Wilson Scaling, Henrietta, and Richard Siegel at the Waggoner Ranch, a 550,000 acre ranch in North Central Texas near Vernon.
Date: 1983
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Cowboys at the Waggoner Ranch, 1983

Description: Photograph of Jimmy Patterson, Dick Yeager, Richard Siegel and two unidentified men at the Waggoner Ranch, a 550,000 acre ranch in North Central Texas near Vernon.
Date: 1983
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Don C. King

Description: Photograph of Don C. King in 1989. He is wearing a Western hat.
Date: 1989
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Thelma Mae Farr

Description: Photograph of Thelma Mae Farr in September 1985. She is wearing glasses, a hat and a sweater.
Date: September 1985
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

June Humble, 1981

Description: Photograph of June Humble, Polled Hereford Queen in May 1981. She wears a crown and holds a bouquet of roses.
Date: May 1981
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

John L. Huston

Description: Photograph of John L. Huston, President of the National Live Stock and Meat Board. He is speaking at a podium in May 1975.
Date: May 1985
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Terrie Husfeld

Description: Photograph of Terrie Husfeld, All-American National Queen of the American Junior Brahman Associationin August 1984.
Date: August 1984
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Cattle Herded through Dirt Tunnel

Description: Photograph of many cows being herded underneath a bridge by a cowboy on a horse. Driving over the bridge is a large truck.
Date: June 1985
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Cows Eating From Trough

Description: Photograph of several cows eating from a trough through a fence. The cows are in a corral, and behind the corral is a large haystack.
Date: May 1984
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Champion Bull at National Western Stock Show, 1987

Description: Photograph of a very large horned Hereford bull wearing a harness. Standing behind the bull are many old men in cowboy hats and a few women, two holding a banner. Behind the group is a curtain that reads, "1987 National Western Stock Show".
Date: 1987
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

[Texas Historical Commission Marker: St. Mark United Methodist Church]

Description: Photograph of the Texas Historical Commission marker for St. Mark United Methodist Church in Fort Worth, Texas. Text: This congregation was formed in 1940 by the merger of several historic Fort Worth Methodist Churches. The Swedish Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1883 with twenty charter members under the leadership of the Rev. P. S. Juhline. Use of the Swedish language during worship services continued until 1920. In 1924 the name of the congregation was changed to Broadway Methodist Episcopal Church. Six years later, St. Paul Methodist Episcopal Church merged with the Broadway congregation. St. Paul's had been organized in 1877 with thirty charter members under the leadership of the Rev. Harvey Webb. Mulkey Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church began in the late 1880s as a mission of the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Fort Worth. The church was named for the Rev. and Mrs. William Mulkey, parents of George Mulkey, who was a charter member of the new church. The Rev. John M. Barcus served as first pastor. At the 1940 annual conference, these historic congregations merged to become the Broadway-Mulkey Methodist Eposcopal Church, South. The name St. Mark was adopted in 1945. The congregation has worshiped at this site since 1960. (1985)
Date: 1985
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church

[Dedication of a historical marker]

Description: Photograph of two people at a dedication removing the cover from a historical marker, the cover has a Texas flag attached to it. The dedication is for the historical marker.
Date: 1985
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church

[Robert E. (Bob), Messer]

Description: Photograph of Robert E. (Bob) Messer. Back of photograph: "1981-1983, St. Mark."
Date: 1983
Creator: Olan Mills
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church

[Dedication of a historical marker]

Description: Photograph of a minister holding a bible in front of a church at a dedication. The dedication is for a historical marker.
Date: 1985
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church

[Bob Hope and Hub Baker at Billy Bob's Texas]

Description: Photograph of Bob Hope and Hub Baker at Billy Bob's Texas in Fort Worth on New Year's Eve. Bob Hope is on the far left, unknown man, Hub Baker, and Billy Bob Barnett on far right.
Date: January 1, 1981
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cowtown Coliseum

John J. Francis in the kitchen

Description: Photograph of John J. Francis cooking in a kitchen while being filmed by a cameraman in April 1983. He wears a striped apron and a tie. The cameraman has on a jacket with the words,"Qube Cable" in the back.
Date: April 14, 1983
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum