Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

John L. Huston

Description: Photograph of John L. Huston, President of the National Live Stock and Meat Board. He is speaking at a podium in May 1975.
Date: May 1985
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

June Humble, 1981

Description: Photograph of June Humble, Polled Hereford Queen in May 1981. She wears a crown and holds a bouquet of roses.
Date: May 1981
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

Milt Hinkle

Description: Photograph of Milt Hinkle in October 1981.
Date: October 1981
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

[Robert E. (Bob), Messer]

Description: Photograph of Robert E. (Bob) Messer. Back of photograph: "1981-1983, St. Mark."
Date: 1983
Creator: Olan Mills
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church

Terrie Husfeld

Description: Photograph of Terrie Husfeld, All-American National Queen of the American Junior Brahman Associationin August 1984.
Date: August 1984
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum

[Texas Historical Commission Marker: St. Mark United Methodist Church]

Description: Photograph of the Texas Historical Commission marker for St. Mark United Methodist Church in Fort Worth, Texas. Text: This congregation was formed in 1940 by the merger of several historic Fort Worth Methodist Churches. The Swedish Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1883 with twenty charter members under the leadership of the Rev. P. S. Juhline. Use of the Swedish language during worship services continued until 1920. In 1924 the name of the congregation was changed to Broadway Methodist Episcopal Church. Six years later, St. Paul Methodist Episcopal Church merged with the Broadway congregation. St. Paul's had been organized in 1877 with thirty charter members under the leadership of the Rev. Harvey Webb. Mulkey Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church began in the late 1880s as a mission of the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Fort Worth. The church was named for the Rev. and Mrs. William Mulkey, parents of George Mulkey, who was a charter member of the new church. The Rev. John M. Barcus served as first pastor. At the 1940 annual conference, these historic congregations merged to become the Broadway-Mulkey Methodist Eposcopal Church, South. The name St. Mark was adopted in 1945. The congregation has worshiped at this site since 1960. (1985)
Date: 1985
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church

Thelma Mae Farr

Description: Photograph of Thelma Mae Farr in September 1985. She is wearing glasses, a hat and a sweater.
Date: September 1985
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Cattle Raisers Museum