George Ranch Museum Collection - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Antilla Taylor wearing a scarf]
- Photograph (copy) of an African-American woman. She is identified as Antilla Taylor, the George's cook. In this photograph that ends just below the shoulders, Taylor is wearing a dark jacket over a dark button up blouse. She has a print scarf tied loosely around her neck. She is wearing gold loop earrings and has two barrettes in her hair. Written on back of photo in pencil: "Antilla Taylor".
- [Josephine Thomas]
- Photograph (copy) of an older African-American woman. She is identified as Josephine Thomas, the George's maid. She is wearing a dress with a rounded neckline that has covered buttons down the front. She has a floral pin on her left shoulder and earrings in her ears. Thomas is wearing dark rimmed eye glasses. The photograph ends just below the shoulders. There is an interior glass and brass ceiling light fixture on far left of photograph. Written on back of photo in pencil: "Josephine Thomas".
- [Josephine Thomas]
- Color outdoor photograph (copy) of an older African-American woman. She is identified as Josephine Thomas, the George's maid. Thomas is wearing a light colored dress with rounded collar and buttons down the front. She has a red sweater over her dress and is wearing a matching scarf on her head. Thomas is wearing eyeglasses. There are shrubs in the background with partial view of a white wooden building on the right. Written on back of photo in blue ink: "Josephine Thomas". The original photograph was in poor condition (peeled and torn).
- [Lillie Newton wearing a white dress]
- Color photograph of an older African-American woman. The woman is identified as Lillie Newton. Newton, who wears eyeglasses, is standing to the right of a white linen topped table with a pot plant on left and gift packages scattered across the top. Newton is wearing a white dress with keyhole neckline and matching jacket with embroidered trim. She has a light blue floral corsage pinned to her left shoulder. There is a banner with blue trim in center background; blue and white painted wall on right; windows with shades (partially pulled down) on left. Lettering on the table cover can only partially be seen to read: "Mrs. Cur?" Written on back of photo in blue ink: "Lillie Newton".
- [An older man wearing a light colored button up shirt]
- Photograph of an older African-American man. The unidentified man is wearing a light colored button up shirt with white undershirt. The photograph is faded into an oval.
- [A woman elegantly dressed in a silver tulle and lace over satin dress]
- Full length color photograph of an African-American woman. The woman, who is seated on an upholstered sofa with wooden trim, is elegantly dressed in a silver tulle and lace over satin dress. She has a fur wrap over her shoulders. She has silver and diamond earrings in her ears with matching necklace. She is wearing silver high heeled sandals and she is holding a silver purse in her left hand. There is a wooden table with glass containers and flowers on top in the bottom left corner of photo; bookcase with floral arrangements on top in right background, door in left background.