Jim Bell Texas Architecture Collection - 47 Matching Results

Search Results

1886 Stafford Bank Building

Description: Photograph of the 1886 Stafford Bank building in downtown Columbus, Texas. This was also the location of the 1886 Stafford Opera House. The Stafford Bank name is displayed under the upper pediment on the front of the building.
Date: unknown
Creator: Bell, Jim
Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell

1886 Stafford Bank Building Front View

Description: Photograph of the front (north side) of the 1886 Stafford Bank building at Spring and Milam Street in downtown Columbus, Texas. The Classical Revival style building has the words "Stafford Bank" and "Opera House" arranged in stone on its front.
Date: unknown
Creator: Bell, Jim
Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell

1891 Colorado County Courthouse THSC Marker

Description: Photograph of THSC Marker for the 1891 Colorado County courthouse in down town Columbus, Texas. The marker is on the courthouse lawn and has a "courthouse history" sketch. Eugene Heiner was the original architect for the courthouse with a clock and bell tower.
Date: unknown
Creator: Bell, Jim
Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell

[1896 Rosenfield Building]

Description: Photograph of the 1896 Rosenfield building in the 1000 block of Milam Street in downtown Columbus, Texas. A Texas Historical Commission marker is on the right. The building's lower front blends in with the buildings on both sides. The sign reads, "Little of This-Little of That," and the window display indicates gifts and collectables.
Date: unknown
Creator: Bell, Jim
Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell

1896 Store Building

Description: Photograph of an 1896 store building built by Charles Brunson next to his business in downtown Columbus, Texas. The upper front has a metal cornice, brick pilasters framing the windows, brick ledges, and string courses. The lower front has been modernized and is currently occupied by a store called The Bride's House.
Date: unknown
Creator: Bell, Jim
Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell

[Confederate Memorial Museum Plaque]

Description: Photograph of a historic landmark plaque for the Confederate Memorial Museum mounted on the side of a building. The plaque reads: "Confederate Memorial Museum. Built 1883 by town of Columbus, using over 400,000 handmade bricks. Has 32-inch walls. Served as water tower and fire house until 1912. Since 1926 owned by Shropshire-Upton Chapter, United Daughters of the Confederacy. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark". Leaves cover the year on the bottom right of the plaque.
Date: unknown
Creator: Bell, Jim
Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell