This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
Matthews Family and Lambshead Ranch - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [Branded Hereford Calves in Pen]
- A page from a worn cowhide album displaying one trimmed 8 x 10 inch print. The photo shows a herd of Hereford calves standing in a pen surrounded by wood and wire fence. The calves have been branded on the left side of their faces.
- [Memorial for Sallie Matthews]
- A page from a worn cowhide album displaying newspaper clippings and a page printed with with the poem "O Spirit of the Living God." The material relates to the memorial of Sallie Reynolds and the construction of a baptismal font in her honor.
- [Newspaper Clippings and Photographs Regarding the Matthews Ranch]
- A page from a worn cowhide scrapbook regarding the Matthews Ranch. The newspaper clippings cover the ranch's purchase and showing of livestock, while the photographs offer views of the ranch and the Matthews family.
- Phineas and Ben Reynolds
- A page from a worn cowhide album displaying one trimmed 8 x 10 in. print. The photo is a close portrait of two elderly men, identified as Phineas and Ben Reynolds. They are sitting side-by-side and wearing suits and ties.
- [Scrapbook Page Featuring an Elderly Cowboy and the Clear Fork of the Brazos River]
- A page from a worn cowhide album displaying two black and white photographs positioned horizontally. The larger top photo is an 8 x 10 inch print of an elderly cowboy (possibly identified as Newcomb) heating a branding iron over a fire built inside a barrel. He is wearing boots, a vest, and a cowboy hat and kneeling in front of the barrel. Behind him is a wire and wood fence beyond which is a field with a cow. Below this image is a photograph of the Clear Fork of the Brazos River. Trees cover both sides of the river's banks.
- [Three Boys with Three Herefords Cattle; Hereford Cows in Pen; Pale Horse in Pasture]
- A page from a worn cowhide album displaying three black and white photographs positioned horizontally. In the top photograph three young boys are leading three Hereford cows down a road. There is a farm building and an automobile in the background. The center photo is an 8 x 10 in. print of Hereford cows in a pen. Enclosing the pen is a fence made of barbed wire, wooden boards, and short sticks. The bottom photograph is a 9 x 6 cm. print of a pale horse in a pasture. A farm building is visible in the distance.
- [Three Photos of Clear Fork and Cattle on a Scrapbook Page]
- A page from a worn cowhide album displaying three black and white photographs positioned horizontally. The top photo is 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 print of three Hereford cows with winter coats standing at a feed trough. The middle and lower photos show two different views of the Clear Fork of the Brazos River at Matthews Ranch. The lower two prints are approximately 6 x 4 in.
- [Three Views of a River on Matthews Ranch; Watt Matthews with Family and Friends; Watt Casey's Family]
- A page from a worn cowhide album displaying five black and white photos. On the left side of the page, three 6 x 4 in. prints are positioned horizontally. Each shows a view of the river on Matthews Ranch. On the top right of the page is a 3 x 5 in. print of Watt Matthews with friends and family taken in Albany or Stamford, Texas. Below this photo in the bottom right is a 4 1/2 x 3 in. photo rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. In this photo, the children of Watt "Palo" Casey and Dosia Casey are sitting in a row on a couch in front of a curtained window. The older boys are wearing suits and ties; the girl is wearing a collared dress and bobby socks.