O. D. and Estelle Bates Collection - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

Irving Cotton Gin

Description: The cotton gin, located at Irving Boulevard and Britain, was dismantled about 1916.
Date: 1916~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Irving Archives

Charles Schulze, Jr., and John Brown as Children

Description: Charles Schulze, Jr., and John Brown as children, c. 1915. Charles Schulze, Jr., was the nephew of town co-founder J. O. Schulze. John Brown was the son of the other town co-founder Otis Brown.
Date: 1915~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Irving Archives

Irving Motoring Enthusiasts

Description: Early Irvingites prepare for a motor outing, c. 1912. On the left is the Schulze family automobile and on the right is the Robinson family car. The boy on the running board is Joe Williamson. Behind the wheel is Percy Schulze and next to him is his wife, Virginia. In the other vehicle, in no particular order are, Mr. T. G. Robinson, Mr. Williamson, May Williamson, Mrs. T. G. Robinson, Ward Robinson, and Mrs. Marsh.
Date: 1912~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Irving Archives

Wedding Picture of Joe and Essie Keeling

Description: Essie Jones and Joe Keeling's wedding picture. Essie Jones and Joe Keeling were married in 1910. Both lived most of their lives in Irving. They had three children: Helen, Weldon and Clyde.
Date: 1910
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Irving Archives

Irving Index Workshop

Description: This building served as the home of the "Irving Index" in Irving. It was built behind the home of the newspaper's owner, R. M. Hudson.
Date: 1910~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Irving Archives

R. M. Hudson Home and Family

Description: R. M. Hudson operated Irving's first newspaper the "Irving Index." He ran the paper from 1903 until 1916. His home was on the northwest corner of Fourth and Jefferson streets. He is pictured here in front of his house with his wife Mary and daughter Veda. Not pictured are their sons Robert, Andrew, and Tom.
Date: 1910~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Irving Archives

R. M. Hudson Home

Description: R. M. Hudson began publishing the "Irving Index" in December 1903. He worked from his home in Dallas for five years. In 1908, he moved into this house in Irving. Hudson and his wife Mary had four children. Youngest son Tom can be seen at the fence in this photo. R. M. Hudson published the "Irving Index" from 1903 until 1916.
Date: 1910~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Irving Archives