O. Henry Collection - 220 Matching Results

Search Results

School attended by O. Henry

Description: Postcard with an illustration of a small, one-story building surrounded by a fence with a forest in the background; text beneath the image says, "Little School House Where O. Henry Went to School." Printed text on the back of the postcard reads: "This is the only school that O. Henry (Wm. Sydney Porter) ever attended. He was taught by his Aunt, Miss Lina Porter, and left this school when he was only fifteen."
Date: 1937
Creator: Bridges, Earley W.
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

In O. Henry's Memory

Description: Photo essay includes images of O.Henry's life in Austin, including the Hill City Quartette, houses O. Henry lived in, sketches by O. Henry and letters by his daughter Margaret Porter.
Date: February 18, 1932
Creator: Houston Chronicle
Partner: Texas General Land Office

Patent 87, Volume 40-A

Description: This document was issued to the Houston & Texas Central Railroad Company as the final instrument in the land grant process, assigning ownership to the railroad company for 640 acres in Tom Green County, section 21, block 20, as described in the patent. O. Henry wrote a fictional account of illegal proceedings concerning a land certificate, Bexar Scrip 2692, in the short story "Bexar Scrip 2692.” This is the patent that ultimately gave land ownership to the railroad via that certificate.
Date: July 18, 1928
Creator: Texas. General Land Office.
Partner: Texas General Land Office

Waifs and Strays

Description: This work contains short stories by O. Henry and critical and biographical analyses of his life and works, which were written by various contributors.
Date: 1917
Creator: Henry, O., 1862-1910
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Wind of Destiny

Description: This work is a collection of fictional letters written by O. Henry.
Date: 1916
Creator: Porter, Sara Lindsay Coleman, 1868-1959
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Flat files

Description: Wood flat files in three sections, stacked vertically. The base has four legs, box top and 15 drawers with metal pulls. These files were used to store documents and maps at the Texas General Land Office around 1915.
Date: 1915
Partner: Texas State Preservation Board

Flat files

Description: Oak flat files in three sections, stacked vertically. There are paneled sides, box top, eight drawers with dark metal nameplates. These files were used to store documents and maps at the Texas General Land Office around 1915.
Date: 1915
Partner: Texas State Preservation Board