Palo Pinto County Album - 148 Matching Results

Search Results

[Number 2 Coal Shaft in Lyra, Texas]

Description: Photograph of three buildings and a wooden coal shaft structure at the Number 2 Shaft in Lyra, Texas. Two of the one-story buildings sit on the ground besides a chimney and a cylindrical metal container. The other building is elevated on wooden supports with the coal shaft extending out of its roof. Piles of lumber trail from the buildings off toward the right. A small pile of pipes rests on the ground in the foreground to the left.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Palo Pinto Baseball Team

Description: Photograph of a group of eleven men on the Palo Pinto, Texas, baseball team. Several of the men are wearing shirts with "Palo Pinto" written across the chest. Two young men standing to the left are wearing shirts with the word "Lone" next to a star on their chests. Six of the men stand behind five men who are sitting with baseball equipment. A young man wearing a black hat is seen sitting on a horse behind the group.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Palo Pinto County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the Palo Pinto County Courthouse in Palo Pinto, Texas. The building is comprised of stone blocks and two levels of long windows. Chimneys can be seen on its left side and right forward corners. A belfry rises from the center of the building. Several men can be seen sitting on a wooden fence or a horse-drawn wagon in front of the courthouse.
Date: 1890~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Palo Pinto School

Description: Photograph of a group of young girls and a schoolmistress standing in front of the Palo Pinto School. The school's walls are made of uneven stones. Two windows appear behind the girls, with two broken windowpanes on the left window. The reverse side of the photo's mat contains a list of names of those present.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Palo Pinto School]

Description: Photograph of the two-story brick Palo Pinto school. Two rows of windows appear on the front of the building to the right, while the side of the building has four blank rectangular sections.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Panorama of Camp Wolters, TX

Description: This picture is a panoramic photograph of Camp Wolters in Mineral Wells, Texas, the largest infantry replacement center in 1941. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Target Range, Regimental Area No. 4, Dental Clinic,Guest House, Service Club, Theater, Regimental Area No. 3, Infantry Replacement Center/Headquarters Area, Regimental Area No. 6, Warehouse Area, Corps Area Service Command and Hospital Area, Regimental Area No. 2, Regimental Area No. 1, and Machine Gun Range.
Date: 1941
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

[People in Front of C. E. Turner's Pharmacy]

Description: Photograph of a group of people in front of Charles E. Turner's pharmacy in Mineral Wells, Texas. Three men and a young boy are sitting on a curb in front of the establishment, while four other males of various ages stand on the sidewalk under the building's awning. Charles Turner is sitting in a chair on the street.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[People Posing Atop Donkeys at Lover's Retreat]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing on donkeys at a rocky location in Palo Pinto County, Texas, known as Lover's Retreat. Two pairs of men and women are positioned from the left, with a young man named Bert Turner to the right. The second pair is Hugh Collins and his wife.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Photograph of the Hopkins Family]

Description: Photograph of the Hopkins family posing together in front of a wooden building that is identified as Jesse Hayes' place. Two pairs of men and women stand behind a group of children and an elderly woman. Both men wear dark cowboy hats, though the man on the left wear suspenders while the man on the right wears a jacket. Both women are wearing white dresses. The elderly woman seated to the left is wearing a dark dress and holds a handkerchief in her right hand. Eight young children of various ages stand together in front of the adults.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Postmaster William Cleveland in the Palo Pinto Post Office]

Description: Photograph of William L. Cleveland, the postmaster of Palo Pinto, Texas, standing inside of the Palo Pinto Post Office. The mustached man wears dark clothes and looks toward the camera while holding a letter. Papers jut out of shelves on both sides of Cleveland. A rolltop desk in the right foreground is covered with papers. "Palo Pinto Post Office 1918 W. L. Cleveland, Postmaster" is handwritten on a slip of paper attached to the bottom of the photo.
Date: 1918~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association