Palo Pinto County Album - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1920]

Description: The city directory for Mineral Wells, 1920, embraces a complete alphabetical list of business firms and private citizens; a directory of city and county officials, churches, public and private schools, banks, asylums, hospitals, commercial bodies, secret societies, street and avenue guide, etc.
Date: 1920
Creator: R.L. Polk & Co.
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

Mineral Wells, Texas

Description: A pamphlet about the various services and attractions in and around Mineral Wells, Texas, with many photographic illustrations, extols the allurements of Mineral in an effusive nineteenth-century prose, that was probably archaic for the time of the pamphlet.
Date: unknown
Creator: Texas and Pacific Railway - General Passenger Department
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

D.W. Griffith Presents "The Birth of a Nation"

Description: This photograph illustrates a souvenir program from the silent motion picture, "The Birth of a Nation, the Most Stupendous and Fascinating Motion Picture Drama Created in the United States. Founded on Thomas Dixon's story 'The Clansman' " The motion picture presents an early 20th-century Southern view of Reconstruction.
Date: April 1, 1924
Creator: Griffith, D.W.
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

Ten Years Younger

Description: This picture displays the title page of a booklet about Mineral Wells, Texas health resorts, and how they could make people feel ten years younger.
Date: unknown
Creator: Chamber of Commerce
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

Santo High School - 1935

Description: Photograph of Santo High School, a single-story brick building with an arched entryway and false front. A row of windows span between the central entrance and two flanking doorways.
Date: 1935
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Chicken Dinner Candy Delivery Truck]

Description: Photograph of a Chicken Dinner Candy Bar delivery car parked in front of a two-story grocery store. The car is a 1920's model that has been built to partially resemble a chicken. The store has an awning that covers two gas pumps. A sign on top of the store says "Live and Let Live Grocery."
Date: 1925~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Chief Montgomery and His Wife]

Description: Photograph of Chief Montgomery and his wife, both members of the Creek people. His wife has her haired tied back and wears a dress with a jacket, while Chief Montgomery wears a shirt, trousers, and a dark jacket while holding a cane by his right side. Buildings are visible behind the couple. A label with related information is taped to the top of the photo.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Men Posing on a Coal Shaft Structure]

Description: Photograph of a coal mine shaft structure with several men posing around it. A wooden structure stands next to a L-shaped building with metal siding and multiple stories. Piles of wood are visible at the bottom left portion of the photo.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Palo Pinto Baseball Team

Description: Photograph of a group of eleven men on the Palo Pinto, Texas, baseball team. Several of the men are wearing shirts with "Palo Pinto" written across the chest. Two young men standing to the left are wearing shirts with the word "Lone" next to a star on their chests. Six of the men stand behind five men who are sitting with baseball equipment. A young man wearing a black hat is seen sitting on a horse behind the group.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Aerial View of Camp Wolters, Texas]

Description: Photograph of the camp area of Camp Wolters as seen from the sky. Forests, fields, and roads surround the camp area, which is situated near the center of the photo. Rows of buildings can be seen in a section to the left and in another section closer to a body of water.
Date: unknown
Creator: United States. Army. Air Corps.
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Palo Pinto County Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of the Palo Pinto County Courthouse in Palo Pinto, Texas. The building is comprised of stone blocks and two levels of long windows. Chimneys can be seen on its left side and right forward corners. A belfry rises from the center of the building. Several men can be seen sitting on a wooden fence or a horse-drawn wagon in front of the courthouse.
Date: 1890~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association