Palo Pinto County Album - 102 Matching Results

Search Results

1926 State Championship Mingus Girls Basketball Team

Description: Given the subject of this photograph, and the time it was taken, this photograph, is fairly conventional. The girls on the left hold a pennant that reads "Girls '26 Basket Ball." A young lady in the center holds a basketball labeled "M.H.S. - 26." They are wearing uniforms consisting of dresses with tucked skirts, athletic shoes, and knee socks. An article is partially visible under the photograph.
Date: 1926
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Aerial View of Camp Wolters, Texas]

Description: Photograph of the camp area of Camp Wolters as seen from the sky. Forests, fields, and roads surround the camp area, which is situated near the center of the photo. Rows of buildings can be seen in a section to the left and in another section closer to a body of water.
Date: unknown
Creator: United States. Army. Air Corps.
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[The Bowen Family Riding Among Cattle]

Description: Photograph of the Bowen family riding horses in front of a wooden cabin. A small group of cattle stands in an earthen lot in front of the family. A young girl riding sidesaddle atop a horse on the left is Grace Bowen. Two women riding sidesaddle appear beside Adolphus Bowen.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Bridge Being Built over the Brazos River]

Description: Photograph of a group of men building a truss bridge over the Brazos River. Many of the bridge's vertical and crossed beams are already in place. A crane on the right rests on a rail track that extends onto the bridge. Men stand idle to the left with barrels, tools, and a pile of rope at their feet.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Cedar Springs United Methodist Church Plaque]

Description: Photograph of a red granite plaque attached the side of a white clapboard building. The plaque reads "Cedar Springs United Methodist Church. This building was erected in 1898, after many years of worship in private homes and under brush arbors. It was built out of love of God and man."
Date: May 2010
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Celebration in Mingus, Texas]

Description: Photograph of a brass band standing with their instruments in front of citizens of Mingus, Texas. The band members are wearing white caps and uniforms. A group of men and women stand behind them to the left. Buildings are visible in the background, including an unfinished brick building in the center.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Chief Montgomery and His Wife]

Description: Photograph of Chief Montgomery and his wife, both members of the Creek people. His wife has her haired tied back and wears a dress with a jacket, while Chief Montgomery wears a shirt, trousers, and a dark jacket while holding a cane by his right side. Buildings are visible behind the couple. A label with related information is taped to the top of the photo.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Crazy Hotel Fire

Description: Photograph of Mineral Wells as seen from an observation tower on East Mountain. The panoramic view of the town reveals a plume of smoke covering much of the town's center.
Date: March 5, 1925
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Dark Valley Brazos River Bridge

Description: Photograph of the first bridge over the Brazos River at Dark Valley Creek. Much of the lower left diagonal half of the photo is obscured. Three women can be seen standing on the bridge with three boys. One woman holds an umbrella over her head. The boys are wearing straw hats, white shirts, and neckties. A slip of paper inscribed with the words "Dark Valley Brazos River Bridge" is taped to the photo's mat.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Famous Well by Lake Pinto

Description: Photograph of a brick building with three columns holding up an overhang. To the left of this building is a tin building with "Famous Well" written on a plank beside its door. Trees cover a rocky hill behind the buildings.
Date: January 10, 1919
Creator: A. F. Weaver Photography
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association