Palo Pinto County Album - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [The St. Nicholas Hotel]
- A group of men stand in front of the St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. The building had a varied history. It was first (in 1904) an unnamed two-and-one-half-story sanitarium, then re-named the St. Nicholas Hotel, and then later it became the Delaware Hotel. It was located at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. The building was eventually consumed by fire on October of 1907. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex."
- West Side School -- Second Grade 1907
- The second grade class at West Side School in 1907 sit on the steps outside the old rock building built in 1886. The teacher is Miss Amie Hensley. Some of the names of the children are listed on the back.
- [Women at a Cedar Springs Camp Meeting]
- Photograph of a group of women and girls sitting together outdoors. They are arranged in three rows on a slope with vegetation. A note on the reverse side of the image's mat reads "Cedar Springs Camp Meeting August 1907."