Palo Pinto County Album - 147 Matching Results

Search Results

Panorama of Camp Wolters, TX

Description: This picture is a panoramic photograph of Camp Wolters in Mineral Wells, Texas, the largest infantry replacement center in 1941. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Target Range, Regimental Area No. 4, Dental Clinic,Guest House, Service Club, Theater, Regimental Area No. 3, Infantry Replacement Center/Headquarters Area, Regimental Area No. 6, Warehouse Area, Corps Area Service Command and Hospital Area, Regimental Area No. 2, Regimental Area No. 1, and Machine Gun Range.
Date: 1941
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

The Sam Houston School--- An Afternoon Group of 1954

Description: Students, teachers and the principal, D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School's Afternoon Group are shown here in March of 1954. The picture was taken outside the school building.
Date: March 1954
Creator: Daniel, W.L.
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

Sam Houston School

Description: Students, teachers and principal D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School in March 1954 stand outside the school building.
Date: March 1954
Creator: Daniel, W.L.
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

[Brad, Texas, Basketball Team]

Description: Photograph of seven young women sitting together and wearing basketball uniforms with a "B" embroidered on front.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[People Riding in Circles While Holding Flags]

Description: Photograph of a group of people riding in circles on top of horses. Several of them are holding flags. They are standing outdoors on a fenced-in earthen area. Pennants are hanging from lines attached to power lines.
Date: Summer 1944
Creator: Skeet Richardson Photos
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Line of People on Horses at a Rodeo]

Description: Photograph of a group of people sitting on top of horses that are arranged in a line. They are standing outdoors on a fenced-in earthen area. Pennants are hanging from lines attached to power lines. A small portion of a crowd can be seen on the bottom left. An animal holding pen is visible to the right underneath a bandstand.
Date: Summer 1944
Creator: Skeet Richardson Photos
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

1926 State Championship Mingus Girls Basketball Team

Description: Given the subject of this photograph, and the time it was taken, this photograph, is fairly conventional. The girls on the left hold a pennant that reads "Girls '26 Basket Ball." A young lady in the center holds a basketball labeled "M.H.S. - 26." They are wearing uniforms consisting of dresses with tucked skirts, athletic shoes, and knee socks. An article is partially visible under the photograph.
Date: 1926
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Indian Creek School]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing in front of a music school in Indian Creek, Texas. They are arranged three vague rows behind a piano. Most are holding booklets. A woman and five young girls are sitting on the ground to the right.
Date: 1900
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Hittson House on the 101 Ranch

Description: Photograph of the Hittson House on the grounds of the 101 Ranch near Palo Pinto, Texas. The wooden house has a chimney rising from its center, a tree growing to its left, and a barbed wire fence in the foreground.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Cardwell Family at a Methodist Camp Meeting at Cedar Springs, Texas]

Description: Photograph of the Cardwell family posing together for a picture while attending a Methodist camp meeting in Cedar Springs, Texas. Alex Cardwell sits beside his wife. A young daughter stands to the left, and a son stands between the couple. Cardwell's life holds an infant in her lap. A temporary shelter built of tree limbs covers a bed, stove, chair, and trunk behind the group. Two dogs can be seen standing by the family.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

New Building Replacing the Old Palo Pinto School

Description: Photograph of a single-story brick section of the Palo Pinto school that is currently under construction. Beams rest against several empty windows, and wooden frames can be seen within. Piles of wood litter the foreground.
Date: 1921
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Santo High School - 1935

Description: Photograph of Santo High School, a single-story brick building with an arched entryway and false front. A row of windows span between the central entrance and two flanking doorways.
Date: 1935
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Joe Johnson's Log Cabin]

Description: Photograph of a derelict log cabin that belonged to a man named Joe Johnson. A chimney built with stone blocks stands against the building to the left. Tin roofing is pulled back from the left corner of the roof exposing beams underneath.
Date: 1985
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Four Men on Wynn Mountain]

Description: Photograph of four men sitting on a railing along the side of a dirt road on Wynn Mountain near Mineral Wells, Texas.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Men in Front of Palo Pinto Courthouse]

Description: Photograph of a group of men posing in front of the Palo Pinto Courthouse. The men are wearing hats and dark clothing. The courthouse's entrance, sandstone block walls, and an arched window with open shutters are visible behind the group.
Date: 1890~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Chicken Dinner Candy Delivery Truck]

Description: Photograph of a Chicken Dinner Candy Bar delivery car parked in front of a two-story grocery store. The car is a 1920's model that has been built to partially resemble a chicken. The store has an awning that covers two gas pumps. A sign on top of the store says "Live and Let Live Grocery."
Date: 1925~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Palo Pinto County Centennial

Description: Photograph of a group of people standing outside of Palo Pinto Casino and E. E. Crain's feed store. They are wearing pioneer-style clothing.
Date: May 1957
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

On Rocks at Lovers' Retreat

Description: Photograph of rocks hanging over still water at Lovers' Retreat in Mineral Wells, Texas. Two men can be seen on rocks to the right.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Building at the Base of a Wooded Hill]

Description: Photograph of a stone building that is surrounded by trees. Dirt roads pass beside the house and lead up a hill in the background.
Date: 1930
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Palo Pinto Boys' Basketball Team]

Description: Photograph of boys of the Palo Pinto basketball team standing with their school principal, A. H. Brackeen. The boys are wearing shorts and athletic shirts. Brackeen wears a dark suit and tie. The group is standing in a line in front of a clapboard building with three windows. The fourth person holds a basketball inscribed with "BHS."
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Chief Montgomery and His Wife]

Description: Photograph of Chief Montgomery and his wife, both members of the Creek people. His wife has her haired tied back and wears a dress with a jacket, while Chief Montgomery wears a shirt, trousers, and a dark jacket while holding a cane by his right side. Buildings are visible behind the couple. A label with related information is taped to the top of the photo.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Men Posing on a Coal Shaft Structure]

Description: Photograph of a coal mine shaft structure with several men posing around it. A wooden structure stands next to a L-shaped building with metal siding and multiple stories. Piles of wood are visible at the bottom left portion of the photo.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Lover's Retreat

Description: Photograph of a rocky outcropping jutting out over a river. The area, called Lover's Retreat, is covered with vegetation. A man can be seen walking along the edge of the overhanging rocks.
Date: 1910~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association