Palo Pinto County Album - 185 Matching Results

Search Results

[Grassy Ridge School 7th Grade Class]

Description: Photograph of three rows of children positioned against a brick wall with two windows. They are arranged in three rows, with a row of girls standing in the back and middle and boys sitting in front. The class' teacher, Morris Jennings, is wearing a black suit and stands behind the children in the center. A label with related information is taped to the top of the photo.
Date: 1924
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Tent City in Grant Town, Texas]

Description: Photograph of a crowd standing outdoors around a stand featuring a three men reading a paper next to a figure dressed as Uncle Sam. Vehicles are visible in the background to the left, while a two-story brick building painted with "Hurst & McCorkle, Ford Authorized Sales & Service" along its corners.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Interior of C. E. Turner's Pharmacy]

Description: Photograph of the interior of Charles Turner's pharmacy in Mineral Wells, Texas. Bottles and boxes line the walls of the store. A woman wearing a dress and a hat, a man wearing a vest, and a teenage boy are standing in the background.
Date: 1900~
Creator: Evans, Daniel W.
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Indian Creek School]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing in front of a music school in Indian Creek, Texas. They are arranged three vague rows behind a piano. Most are holding booklets. A woman and five young girls are sitting on the ground to the right.
Date: 1900
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

River Bridge Between Graford and Palo Pinto

Description: Photograph of nine people standing in front of a bridge that crosses the Brazos River between Graford and Palo Pinto, Texas. Four of the middle aged or older men stand to the left, while three more kneel in front of them. Two women wearing dresses and head scarfs stand in front of a tree to the right.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Cedar Springs United Methodist Church Plaque]

Description: Photograph of a red granite plaque attached the side of a white clapboard building. The plaque reads "Cedar Springs United Methodist Church. This building was erected in 1898, after many years of worship in private homes and under brush arbors. It was built out of love of God and man."
Date: May 2010
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Men Posing in Front of a Coal Mine]

Description: Photograph of a group of men posing at the base of a coal mining structure. A small plume of white smoke rises behind the men. A wooden building with two tall chimneys is visible in the background to the left. The third standing man from the right is identified as Thomas Edwin Hunter.
Date: 1906
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Postmaster William Cleveland in the Palo Pinto Post Office]

Description: Photograph of William L. Cleveland, the postmaster of Palo Pinto, Texas, standing inside of the Palo Pinto Post Office. The mustached man wears dark clothes and looks toward the camera while holding a letter. Papers jut out of shelves on both sides of Cleveland. A rolltop desk in the right foreground is covered with papers. "Palo Pinto Post Office 1918 W. L. Cleveland, Postmaster" is handwritten on a slip of paper attached to the bottom of the photo.
Date: 1918~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association