Photograph of a group of people posing in front of a music school in Indian Creek, Texas. They are arranged three vague rows behind a piano. Most are holding booklets. A woman and five young girls are sitting on the ground to the right.
Photograph of members of a brass band standing in front of the courthouse in Palo Pinto, Texas. The twelve men are holding a variety of instruments, though a man on the top right of the group holds a drum.
Photograph of the unpaved streets and wooden buildings of the town of Gordon. A church lies at the end of the road to the right. A pair of railroad tracks run across the left to right side of the photo. Hills can be seen in the background.
Photograph of a brass band standing with their instruments in front of citizens of Mingus, Texas. The band members are wearing white caps and uniforms. A group of men and women stand behind them to the left. Buildings are visible in the background, including an unfinished brick building in the center.
Photograph of three men inside of a saloon. Two men wearing hats lean against a bar covered with glasses filled with alcohol. A younger man sits in a chair in front of the others. A striped keg with "Grand Prize St. Louis 1904" written on its side stands to the left.
Photograph of the Hopkins family posing together in front of a wooden building that is identified as Jesse Hayes' place. Two pairs of men and women stand behind a group of children and an elderly woman. Both men wear dark cowboy hats, though the man on the left wear suspenders while the man on the right wears a jacket. Both women are wearing white dresses. The elderly woman seated to the left is wearing a dark dress and holds a handkerchief in her right hand. Eight young children of various ages stand together in front of the adults.
Photograph of a crowd standing before storefronts on Main Street in Mingus, Texas. The crowd is comprised primarily of men wearing hats. Stores labeled "F. H. Hill" and "P. A. Fine Clothing & Shoes) appear behind the group.
Photograph of a group of women and seated on the lawn outside of Charles Turner's home. The women are mostly wearing white dresses and broad hats. The group is arranged around a picnic blanket that is partially covered with food.
Photograph of a group of men posing at the base of a coal mining structure. A small plume of white smoke rises behind the men. A wooden building with two tall chimneys is visible in the background to the left. The third standing man from the right is identified as Thomas Edwin Hunter.
Photograph of the interior of Charles Turner's pharmacy in Mineral Wells, Texas. Bottles and boxes line the walls of the store. A woman wearing a dress and a hat, a man wearing a vest, and a teenage boy are standing in the background.
Photograph of the Withers family posing on a bridge that spans the Brazos River. They are identified from left to right as Ella Lee Withers, Jordan Withers, Sue Vaughan, and Doctor Horatio Withers. Ella Lee is wearing a dress and a floral hat while holding an umbrella. Jordan is an infant in a dress and Sue is a young girl wearing a broad brimmed hat; they are both seated on the back of the buggy. Horatio has a greying beard and is wearing a dark vest and bow tie.
Photograph of a group of women and girls sitting together outdoors. They are arranged in three rows on a slope with vegetation. A note on the reverse side of the image's mat reads "Cedar Springs Camp Meeting August 1907."
Photograph of a group of people posing in front of the Indian Creek School for music in Palo Pinto County, Texas. They are arranged in four vague rows behind a piano. Most are holding booklets. Most of the group members are men but for three women positioned beside and in front of the piano.
Photograph of the Bowen family riding horses in front of a wooden cabin. A small group of cattle stands in an earthen lot in front of the family. A young girl riding sidesaddle atop a horse on the left is Grace Bowen. Two women riding sidesaddle appear beside Adolphus Bowen.
Photograph of a group of men, women, and children arranged in several raked rows and posing for a photo. The group is located in a forested area and is positioned behind two kettles and a bucket. A handwritten note on the back indicates that they are celebrating the fourth of July.
Photograph of three buildings and a wooden coal shaft structure at the Number 2 Shaft in Lyra, Texas. Two of the one-story buildings sit on the ground besides a chimney and a cylindrical metal container. The other building is elevated on wooden supports with the coal shaft extending out of its roof. Piles of lumber trail from the buildings off toward the right. A small pile of pipes rests on the ground in the foreground to the left.
Photograph of a group of men building a truss bridge over the Brazos River. Many of the bridge's vertical and crossed beams are already in place. A crane on the right rests on a rail track that extends onto the bridge. Men stand idle to the left with barrels, tools, and a pile of rope at their feet.
The city directory for Mineral Wells, 1909, embracing a complete alphabetical list of business firms and private citizens; a directory of city and county officials, churches, public and private schools, banks, asylums, hospitals, commercial bodies, secret societies, street and avenue guide, etc.
A group of men stand in front of the St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. The building had a varied history. It was first (in 1904) an unnamed two-and-one-half-story sanitarium, then re-named the St. Nicholas Hotel, and then later it became the Delaware Hotel. It was located at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. The building was eventually consumed by fire on October of 1907. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex."
The second grade class at West Side School in 1907 sit on the steps outside the old rock building built in 1886. The teacher is Miss Amie Hensley. Some of the names of the children are listed on the back.
This dialog allows you to filter your current search.
Each of the Years listed note their name and the number of records that will be limited down to if you choose that option.
The list can be sorted by name or the count.