Palo Pinto County Album - 185 Matching Results

Search Results

[Cedar Springs United Methodist Church]

Description: Photograph of Cedar Springs United Methodist Church in Palo Pinto County, Texas. The white clapboard building has a triangular awning with an image of a cross. Below the awning is a set of double doors that are flanked by fieldstone columns. To the left of the door is a sign depicting a cross draped with a red cloth. A smaller door with an awning appears beside a window to the left.
Date: May 2010
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Cedar Springs United Methodist Church]

Description: Photograph of Cedar Springs United Methodist Church in Palo Pinto County, Texas. The white clapboard building has a triangular awning with an image of a cross. Below the awning is a set of double doors that are flanked by fieldstone columns. To the left of the door is a sign depicting a cross draped with a red cloth.
Date: May 2010
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Rocks of Lovers' Retreat]

Description: Photograph of rocks hanging over still water at Lovers' Retreat in Mineral Wells, Texas. Two men can be seen standing on rocks to the right, while two indistinct figures appear in the water.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Flyer for the Crazy Radio Gang]

Description: Flyer for the Crazy Radio Gang, featuring the faces of cast members in eleven oval frames. The men are identified from the top left as Hal Collins, Frank Dinkins, Francis Quinn, Frank McMordie, Johnny Jordan, Conrad Brady, Guy Woodward, Maurice Pendery, Dale Woodward, Jack Amlung, and two blackface characters called Sugar Cane and February.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Three Men in a Saloon]

Description: Photograph of three men inside of a saloon. Two men wearing hats lean against a bar covered with glasses filled with alcohol. A younger man sits in a chair in front of the others. A striped keg with "Grand Prize St. Louis 1904" written on its side stands to the left.
Date: 1904~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Palo Pinto School

Description: Photograph of a group of young girls and a schoolmistress standing in front of the Palo Pinto School. The school's walls are made of uneven stones. Two windows appear behind the girls, with two broken windowpanes on the left window. The reverse side of the photo's mat contains a list of names of those present.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Trolley Car Number 137 and Crew]

Description: Photograph of two uniformed men standing at the entrance of a trolley car labeled "137." The man standing on the vehicle's lower step is wearing a coin belt, while the man standing in the doorway holds a trolley controller handle.
Date: 1910~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Worth Ranch Boy Scouts]

Description: Photograph of men and boys of a group of Worth Ranch Boy Scouts. Seven younger boys are kneeling in front of a group of three older boy and three men. A wooded area is visible behind the group.
Date: 1930
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel]

Description: Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. The hotel is situated beside a road next to a smaller buildings. It has four stories, multiple porches, and multiple gables with windows.
Date: 1950~
Creator: Howell, M. A.
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[The Bowen Family Riding Among Cattle]

Description: Photograph of the Bowen family riding horses in front of a wooden cabin. A small group of cattle stands in an earthen lot in front of the family. A young girl riding sidesaddle atop a horse on the left is Grace Bowen. Two women riding sidesaddle appear beside Adolphus Bowen.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

1926 State Championship Mingus Girls Basketball Team

Description: Given the subject of this photograph, and the time it was taken, this photograph, is fairly conventional. The girls on the left hold a pennant that reads "Girls '26 Basket Ball." A young lady in the center holds a basketball labeled "M.H.S. - 26." They are wearing uniforms consisting of dresses with tucked skirts, athletic shoes, and knee socks. An article is partially visible under the photograph.
Date: 1926
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association