Palo Pinto County Album - 147 Matching Results

Search Results

[Brad, Texas, Basketball Team]

Description: Photograph of seven young women sitting together and wearing basketball uniforms with a "B" embroidered on front.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Photograph of Union Hill School]

Description: Copy photograph of people posing in front of the wooden Union Hill School. Young children and women stand in front of a group of men.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Photograph of Palo Pinto's Main Street Storefronts and Post Office]

Description: Copy photograph of people loitering in front of storefronts on Main Street of Palo Pinto, Texas. The clapboard building on the left is the local post office. To the right is a brick pharmacy building and a grocery store.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Photograph of Men Sitting Behind a Chuck Wagon]

Description: Copy photograph of a group of men sitting on the ground behind a chuck wagon that is laden with boxes. Cattle graze in the background.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Photograph of Prairie School]

Description: Copy photograph of a group of people posing together in rows. Younger children are positioned in the lower rows, while adults stand in the background.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[People Riding in Circles While Holding Flags]

Description: Photograph of a group of people riding in circles on top of horses. Several of them are holding flags. They are standing outdoors on a fenced-in earthen area. Pennants are hanging from lines attached to power lines.
Date: Summer 1944
Creator: Skeet Richardson Photos
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Line of People on Horses at a Rodeo]

Description: Photograph of a group of people sitting on top of horses that are arranged in a line. They are standing outdoors on a fenced-in earthen area. Pennants are hanging from lines attached to power lines. A small portion of a crowd can be seen on the bottom left. An animal holding pen is visible to the right underneath a bandstand.
Date: Summer 1944
Creator: Skeet Richardson Photos
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

1926 State Championship Mingus Girls Basketball Team

Description: Given the subject of this photograph, and the time it was taken, this photograph, is fairly conventional. The girls on the left hold a pennant that reads "Girls '26 Basket Ball." A young lady in the center holds a basketball labeled "M.H.S. - 26." They are wearing uniforms consisting of dresses with tucked skirts, athletic shoes, and knee socks. An article is partially visible under the photograph.
Date: 1926
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Indian Creek School]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing in front of a music school in Indian Creek, Texas. They are arranged three vague rows behind a piano. Most are holding booklets. A woman and five young girls are sitting on the ground to the right.
Date: 1900
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Photograph of Inspiration Point]

Description: Photograph of view from Inspiration Point, overlooking the Brazos River seven miles south of Mineral Wells.
Date: unknown
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

[The Mineral Wells High School Concert Band]

Description: This picture, showing the concert band of the Mineral Wells High School Marching Band (standing on the steps of the school) was taken around 1922. James Walker Calvert is on the top row at the far right. Mr. Brunswick, the bandleader, is on the front row at the far left. Ellis White is the trombone player on the left. See also "Mineral Wells High School Marching Band."
Date: 1922?
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

[The Mineral Wells High School Marching Band]

Description: The Mineral Wells High School marching band is shown here performing on a football field in the late 1930's. The band director at that time was Mr. Dave Brunswick. See also "Mineral Wells High School Concert Band."
Date: 1939?
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

West Side School -- Second Grade 1907

Description: The second grade class at West Side School in 1907 sit on the steps outside the old rock building built in 1886. The teacher is Miss Amie Hensley. Some of the names of the children are listed on the back.
Date: 1907
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

Hittson House on the 101 Ranch

Description: Photograph of the Hittson House on the grounds of the 101 Ranch near Palo Pinto, Texas. The wooden house has a chimney rising from its center, a tree growing to its left, and a barbed wire fence in the foreground.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Cardwell Family at a Methodist Camp Meeting at Cedar Springs, Texas]

Description: Photograph of the Cardwell family posing together for a picture while attending a Methodist camp meeting in Cedar Springs, Texas. Alex Cardwell sits beside his wife. A young daughter stands to the left, and a son stands between the couple. Cardwell's life holds an infant in her lap. A temporary shelter built of tree limbs covers a bed, stove, chair, and trunk behind the group. Two dogs can be seen standing by the family.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

The Cullen Grimes School

Description: Principal Donald Bond, the teachers and the students of the afternoon group at Cullen Grimes School in Mineral Wells, Texas congregate in front of the building in March of 1954.
Date: March 1954
Creator: Daniel, W.L.
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

The First Anniversary of the Aviation Engineer Force Activation

Description: Troops and spectators celebrate the first anniversary of Aviation Engineer Force Activation at Wolters Air Force Base on April 10, 1952, with Colonel A.B. Campfield, the Commander of Troops; Brigadier General H.W. Ehrgott, Commanding; Colonel Philip G. Kemp, the Base Commander.
Date: April 10, 1952
Creator: Daniel Photography
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

[The West Ward School]

Description: Exterior of the West Ward School in Mineral Wells, TX.
Date: unknown
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

The Sam Houston School--- An Afternoon Group of 1954

Description: Students, teachers and the principal, D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School's Afternoon Group are shown here in March of 1954. The picture was taken outside the school building.
Date: March 1954
Creator: Daniel, W.L.
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

[Women in a Decorated Car]

Description: Five females ("Aunt Matie, Edith Preston, Lena, and two of Edith's friends", a legend states on the back)) in a decorated car outside the Western Union Telegraph office. Signs on and by the building read "Crazy Well Flats and Modern Rooms", "Cigars", and "Western Union Telegraph and Cable Office."
Date: 1910?
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

Panorama of Camp Wolters, TX

Description: This picture is a panoramic photograph of Camp Wolters in Mineral Wells, Texas, the largest infantry replacement center in 1941. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Target Range, Regimental Area No. 4, Dental Clinic,Guest House, Service Club, Theater, Regimental Area No. 3, Infantry Replacement Center/Headquarters Area, Regimental Area No. 6, Warehouse Area, Corps Area Service Command and Hospital Area, Regimental Area No. 2, Regimental Area No. 1, and Machine Gun Range.
Date: 1941
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

Camp Wolters - Texas

Description: Illustrated here is a panoramic view of Camp Wolters, Texas. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Area No. 4, Sports Arena, Service Club, Area No. 5, Area No. 3, Area No. 2, and Area No.1. Platoons of soldiers are marching on the left side of the photograph.
Date: 1945
Creator: Camp Wolters Studio
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

[The St. Nicholas Hotel]

Description: A group of men stand in front of the St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. The building had a varied history. It was first (in 1904) an unnamed two-and-one-half-story sanitarium, then re-named the St. Nicholas Hotel, and then later it became the Delaware Hotel. It was located at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. The building was eventually consumed by fire on October of 1907. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex."
Date: 1907?
Creator: Dan W. Evans
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library