Palo Pinto County Album - 147 Matching Results

Search Results

[Brad, Texas, Basketball Team]
Photograph of seven young women sitting together and wearing basketball uniforms with a "B" embroidered on front.
[Photograph of Union Hill School]
Copy photograph of people posing in front of the wooden Union Hill School. Young children and women stand in front of a group of men.
[Photograph of Palo Pinto's Main Street Storefronts and Post Office]
Copy photograph of people loitering in front of storefronts on Main Street of Palo Pinto, Texas. The clapboard building on the left is the local post office. To the right is a brick pharmacy building and a grocery store.
[Photograph of Men Sitting Behind a Chuck Wagon]
Copy photograph of a group of men sitting on the ground behind a chuck wagon that is laden with boxes. Cattle graze in the background.
[Photograph of Prairie School]
Copy photograph of a group of people posing together in rows. Younger children are positioned in the lower rows, while adults stand in the background.
[People Riding in Circles While Holding Flags]
Photograph of a group of people riding in circles on top of horses. Several of them are holding flags. They are standing outdoors on a fenced-in earthen area. Pennants are hanging from lines attached to power lines.
[Line of People on Horses at a Rodeo]
Photograph of a group of people sitting on top of horses that are arranged in a line. They are standing outdoors on a fenced-in earthen area. Pennants are hanging from lines attached to power lines. A small portion of a crowd can be seen on the bottom left. An animal holding pen is visible to the right underneath a bandstand.
1926 State Championship Mingus Girls Basketball Team
Given the subject of this photograph, and the time it was taken, this photograph, is fairly conventional. The girls on the left hold a pennant that reads "Girls '26 Basket Ball." A young lady in the center holds a basketball labeled "M.H.S. - 26." They are wearing uniforms consisting of dresses with tucked skirts, athletic shoes, and knee socks. An article is partially visible under the photograph.
[First Baptist Church and Tabernacle]
Photograph of the First Baptist Church and Tabernacle in Santo, Texas.
[Indian Creek School]
Photograph of a group of people posing in front of a music school in Indian Creek, Texas. They are arranged three vague rows behind a piano. Most are holding booklets. A woman and five young girls are sitting on the ground to the right.
[Photograph of Inspiration Point]
Photograph of view from Inspiration Point, overlooking the Brazos River seven miles south of Mineral Wells.
[The Mineral Wells High School Concert Band]
This picture, showing the concert band of the Mineral Wells High School Marching Band (standing on the steps of the school) was taken around 1922. James Walker Calvert is on the top row at the far right. Mr. Brunswick, the bandleader, is on the front row at the far left. Ellis White is the trombone player on the left. See also "Mineral Wells High School Marching Band."
[The Mineral Wells High School Marching Band]
The Mineral Wells High School marching band is shown here performing on a football field in the late 1930's. The band director at that time was Mr. Dave Brunswick. See also "Mineral Wells High School Concert Band."
West Side School -- Second Grade 1907
The second grade class at West Side School in 1907 sit on the steps outside the old rock building built in 1886. The teacher is Miss Amie Hensley. Some of the names of the children are listed on the back.
Hittson House on the 101 Ranch
Photograph of the Hittson House on the grounds of the 101 Ranch near Palo Pinto, Texas. The wooden house has a chimney rising from its center, a tree growing to its left, and a barbed wire fence in the foreground.
[Cardwell Family at a Methodist Camp Meeting at Cedar Springs, Texas]
Photograph of the Cardwell family posing together for a picture while attending a Methodist camp meeting in Cedar Springs, Texas. Alex Cardwell sits beside his wife. A young daughter stands to the left, and a son stands between the couple. Cardwell's life holds an infant in her lap. A temporary shelter built of tree limbs covers a bed, stove, chair, and trunk behind the group. Two dogs can be seen standing by the family.
The Cullen Grimes School
Principal Donald Bond, the teachers and the students of the afternoon group at Cullen Grimes School in Mineral Wells, Texas congregate in front of the building in March of 1954.
The First Anniversary of the Aviation Engineer Force Activation
Troops and spectators celebrate the first anniversary of Aviation Engineer Force Activation at Wolters Air Force Base on April 10, 1952, with Colonel A.B. Campfield, the Commander of Troops; Brigadier General H.W. Ehrgott, Commanding; Colonel Philip G. Kemp, the Base Commander.
[The West Ward School]
Exterior of the West Ward School in Mineral Wells, TX.
The Sam Houston School--- An Afternoon Group of 1954
Students, teachers and the principal, D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School's Afternoon Group are shown here in March of 1954. The picture was taken outside the school building.
[Women in a Decorated Car]
Five females ("Aunt Matie, Edith Preston, Lena, and two of Edith's friends", a legend states on the back)) in a decorated car outside the Western Union Telegraph office. Signs on and by the building read "Crazy Well Flats and Modern Rooms", "Cigars", and "Western Union Telegraph and Cable Office."
Panorama of Camp Wolters, TX
This picture is a panoramic photograph of Camp Wolters in Mineral Wells, Texas, the largest infantry replacement center in 1941. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Target Range, Regimental Area No. 4, Dental Clinic,Guest House, Service Club, Theater, Regimental Area No. 3, Infantry Replacement Center/Headquarters Area, Regimental Area No. 6, Warehouse Area, Corps Area Service Command and Hospital Area, Regimental Area No. 2, Regimental Area No. 1, and Machine Gun Range.
Camp Wolters - Texas
Illustrated here is a panoramic view of Camp Wolters, Texas. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Area No. 4, Sports Arena, Service Club, Area No. 5, Area No. 3, Area No. 2, and Area No.1. Platoons of soldiers are marching on the left side of the photograph.
[The St. Nicholas Hotel]
A group of men stand in front of the St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. The building had a varied history. It was first (in 1904) an unnamed two-and-one-half-story sanitarium, then re-named the St. Nicholas Hotel, and then later it became the Delaware Hotel. It was located at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. The building was eventually consumed by fire on October of 1907. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex."
Sam Houston School
Students, teachers and principal D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School in March 1954 stand outside the school building.
New Building Replacing the Old Palo Pinto School
Photograph of a single-story brick section of the Palo Pinto school that is currently under construction. Beams rest against several empty windows, and wooden frames can be seen within. Piles of wood litter the foreground.
Santo High School - 1935
Photograph of Santo High School, a single-story brick building with an arched entryway and false front. A row of windows span between the central entrance and two flanking doorways.
[Joe Johnson's Log Cabin]
Photograph of a derelict log cabin that belonged to a man named Joe Johnson. A chimney built with stone blocks stands against the building to the left. Tin roofing is pulled back from the left corner of the roof exposing beams underneath.
[Four Men on Wynn Mountain]
Photograph of four men sitting on a railing along the side of a dirt road on Wynn Mountain near Mineral Wells, Texas.
[Men in Front of Palo Pinto Courthouse]
Photograph of a group of men posing in front of the Palo Pinto Courthouse. The men are wearing hats and dark clothing. The courthouse's entrance, sandstone block walls, and an arched window with open shutters are visible behind the group.
[Chicken Dinner Candy Delivery Truck]
Photograph of a Chicken Dinner Candy Bar delivery car parked in front of a two-story grocery store. The car is a 1920's model that has been built to partially resemble a chicken. The store has an awning that covers two gas pumps. A sign on top of the store says "Live and Let Live Grocery."
Palo Pinto County Centennial
Photograph of a group of people standing outside of Palo Pinto Casino and E. E. Crain's feed store. They are wearing pioneer-style clothing.
On Rocks at Lovers' Retreat
Photograph of rocks hanging over still water at Lovers' Retreat in Mineral Wells, Texas. Two men can be seen on rocks to the right.
[Building at the Base of a Wooded Hill]
Photograph of a stone building that is surrounded by trees. Dirt roads pass beside the house and lead up a hill in the background.
[Palo Pinto Boys' Basketball Team]
Photograph of boys of the Palo Pinto basketball team standing with their school principal, A. H. Brackeen. The boys are wearing shorts and athletic shirts. Brackeen wears a dark suit and tie. The group is standing in a line in front of a clapboard building with three windows. The fourth person holds a basketball inscribed with "BHS."
[Chief Montgomery and His Wife]
Photograph of Chief Montgomery and his wife, both members of the Creek people. His wife has her haired tied back and wears a dress with a jacket, while Chief Montgomery wears a shirt, trousers, and a dark jacket while holding a cane by his right side. Buildings are visible behind the couple. A label with related information is taped to the top of the photo.
[Men Posing on a Coal Shaft Structure]
Photograph of a coal mine shaft structure with several men posing around it. A wooden structure stands next to a L-shaped building with metal siding and multiple stories. Piles of wood are visible at the bottom left portion of the photo.
Lover's Retreat
Photograph of a rocky outcropping jutting out over a river. The area, called Lover's Retreat, is covered with vegetation. A man can be seen walking along the edge of the overhanging rocks.
[People Standing Alongside Storefronts]
Photograph of people standing under the awnings of a series of storefronts. Telegraph poles line the unpaved road beside the businesses.
[Couples by Lover's Retreat]
Photograph of a group of seven pairs of men and women together beside a rocky outcropping called "Lover's Retreat." The men are wearing dark suits and ties, while the women are wearing dresses and ornate hair and hats.
[Ramsey Home]
Photograph of a house with a steeply gabled roof and wide overhang over a porch. A tree and a row of low hedges grow in front of the home. Much of the foreground features a sandy lot with sparse grass.
[Section of Palo Pinto School Under Construction]
Photograph of the two-story wooden section of the Palo Pinto school. A plume of smoke exits a second-story window to the right. The roof is nothing but exposed beams. Two men can be seen working within the beams on the right side of the building.
Palo Pinto Baseball Team
Photograph of a group of eleven men on the Palo Pinto, Texas, baseball team. Several of the men are wearing shirts with "Palo Pinto" written across the chest. Two young men standing to the left are wearing shirts with the word "Lone" next to a star on their chests. Six of the men stand behind five men who are sitting with baseball equipment. A young man wearing a black hat is seen sitting on a horse behind the group.
[The First Palo Pinto Methodist Church]
Photograph of the first Methodist church in Palo Pinto, Texas. The clapboard building has double doors, peeling paint on its outer walls, and a belfry.
[Aerial View of Camp Wolters, Texas]
Photograph of the camp area of Camp Wolters as seen from the sky. Forests, fields, and roads surround the camp area, which is situated near the center of the photo. Rows of buildings can be seen in a section to the left and in another section closer to a body of water.
[Palo Pinto County Courthouse]
Photograph of the Palo Pinto County Courthouse in Palo Pinto, Texas. The building is comprised of stone blocks and two levels of long windows. Chimneys can be seen on its left side and right forward corners. A belfry rises from the center of the building. Several men can be seen sitting on a wooden fence or a horse-drawn wagon in front of the courthouse.
[People in Front of C. E. Turner's Pharmacy]
Photograph of a group of people in front of Charles E. Turner's pharmacy in Mineral Wells, Texas. Three men and a young boy are sitting on a curb in front of the establishment, while four other males of various ages stand on the sidewalk under the building's awning. Charles Turner is sitting in a chair on the street.
[Band Standing by the Palo Pinto Courthouse]
Photograph of members of a brass band standing in front of the courthouse in Palo Pinto, Texas. The twelve men are holding a variety of instruments, though a man on the top right of the group holds a drum.
Police Officer with Prisoner
Photograph of a uniformed police officer holding the arm of a man wearing a hat and jacket. They are standing in front of an open door which contains a barred cell.
[J. C. McQuerry House]
Photograph of a wooden two-story house with a veranda. The house has a brown shingle roof and is painted cream. A stone chimney is visible on the roof to the right. Two green potted plants flank the entrance stairway, and a group of chairs sit on either side of the door. A couch is located on the left side of the veranda and a swing hangs from the right.