Palo Pinto County Album - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

The Palo Pinto School

Description: Drawing of the Palo Pinto school. The two-story building has red brick walls, open white spaces on its left side, and a U.S. flag flying from its roof. Bushes are located behind the building and birds fly in the background.
Date: unknown
Creator: Howell, M. A.
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Palo Pinto School]

Description: Photograph of the two-story brick Palo Pinto school. Two rows of windows appear on the front of the building to the right, while the side of the building has four blank rectangular sections.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Palo Pinto, Texas]

Description: Photograph of Palo Pinto, Texas, as seen from the north side of town. The town's buildings are visible among bare trees. The Palo Pinto county courthouse is visible left of the center.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Panorama of Camp Wolters, TX

Description: This picture is a panoramic photograph of Camp Wolters in Mineral Wells, Texas, the largest infantry replacement center in 1941. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Target Range, Regimental Area No. 4, Dental Clinic,Guest House, Service Club, Theater, Regimental Area No. 3, Infantry Replacement Center/Headquarters Area, Regimental Area No. 6, Warehouse Area, Corps Area Service Command and Hospital Area, Regimental Area No. 2, Regimental Area No. 1, and Machine Gun Range.
Date: 1941
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

[People in Front of C. E. Turner's Pharmacy]

Description: Photograph of a group of people in front of Charles E. Turner's pharmacy in Mineral Wells, Texas. Three men and a young boy are sitting on a curb in front of the establishment, while four other males of various ages stand on the sidewalk under the building's awning. Charles Turner is sitting in a chair on the street.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[People Posing Atop Donkeys at Lover's Retreat]

Description: Photograph of a group of people posing on donkeys at a rocky location in Palo Pinto County, Texas, known as Lover's Retreat. Two pairs of men and women are positioned from the left, with a young man named Bert Turner to the right. The second pair is Hugh Collins and his wife.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel]

Description: Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. The hotel is situated beside a road next to a smaller buildings. It has four stories, multiple porches, and multiple gables with windows.
Date: 1950~
Creator: Howell, M. A.
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel]

Description: Photograph of the Hexagon Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. The hotel is situated beside a road next to a smaller buildings. It has four stories, multiple porches, and multiple gables with windows.
Date: 1950~
Creator: Howell, M. A.
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Photograph of the Hopkins Family]

Description: Photograph of the Hopkins family posing together in front of a wooden building that is identified as Jesse Hayes' place. Two pairs of men and women stand behind a group of children and an elderly woman. Both men wear dark cowboy hats, though the man on the left wear suspenders while the man on the right wears a jacket. Both women are wearing white dresses. The elderly woman seated to the left is wearing a dark dress and holds a handkerchief in her right hand. Eight young children of various ages stand together in front of the adults.
Date: 1900~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Postmaster William Cleveland in the Palo Pinto Post Office]

Description: Photograph of William L. Cleveland, the postmaster of Palo Pinto, Texas, standing inside of the Palo Pinto Post Office. The mustached man wears dark clothes and looks toward the camera while holding a letter. Papers jut out of shelves on both sides of Cleveland. A rolltop desk in the right foreground is covered with papers. "Palo Pinto Post Office 1918 W. L. Cleveland, Postmaster" is handwritten on a slip of paper attached to the bottom of the photo.
Date: 1918~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association