Palo Pinto County Album - 147 Matching Results

Search Results

[Chicken Dinner Candy Delivery Truck]

Description: Photograph of a Chicken Dinner Candy Bar delivery car parked in front of a two-story grocery store. The car is a 1920's model that has been built to partially resemble a chicken. The store has an awning that covers two gas pumps. A sign on top of the store says "Live and Let Live Grocery."
Date: 1925~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Chief Montgomery and His Wife]

Description: Photograph of Chief Montgomery and his wife, both members of the Creek people. His wife has her haired tied back and wears a dress with a jacket, while Chief Montgomery wears a shirt, trousers, and a dark jacket while holding a cane by his right side. Buildings are visible behind the couple. A label with related information is taped to the top of the photo.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Children and Adults Standing by Brush Arbor]

Description: Photograph of rows of young children sitting in front of adults. A girl and two older women stand to the left, while an older woman and a young boy stand to the right. The back row has four women, two of which are holding very young children. A man with folded arms and a hat stands on the right side of the back row. The group is in front of a brush arbor which stands among a group of tents.
Date: 1926~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Couples by Lover's Retreat]

Description: Photograph of a group of seven pairs of men and women together beside a rocky outcropping called "Lover's Retreat." The men are wearing dark suits and ties, while the women are wearing dresses and ornate hair and hats.
Date: 1910~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Crazy Hotel Fire

Description: Photograph of Mineral Wells as seen from an observation tower on East Mountain. The panoramic view of the town reveals a plume of smoke covering much of the town's center.
Date: March 5, 1925
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

The Cullen Grimes School

Description: Principal Donald Bond, the teachers and the students of the afternoon group at Cullen Grimes School in Mineral Wells, Texas congregate in front of the building in March of 1954.
Date: March 1954
Creator: Daniel, W.L.
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

Dark Valley Brazos River Bridge

Description: Photograph of Number 3 Coal Shaft structure in Lyra, Texas. A building beside the shaft has chimney that is billowing dark smoke over the hill in the background.
Date: 1915~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Dark Valley Brazos River Bridge

Description: Photograph of the first bridge over the Brazos River at Dark Valley Creek. Much of the lower left diagonal half of the photo is obscured. Three women can be seen standing on the bridge with three boys. One woman holds an umbrella over her head. The boys are wearing straw hats, white shirts, and neckties. A slip of paper inscribed with the words "Dark Valley Brazos River Bridge" is taped to the photo's mat.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

["Dump" and Eldridge Clark with Children]

Description: Photograph of "Dump" and Eldridge Clark standing in front of a car while holding young boys. The two men are wearing garrison caps and U.S. Army uniforms. A building with the word "Sinclaire" written on its entry arch is visible behind the car.
Date: 1940~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Famous Well by Lake Pinto

Description: Photograph of a brick building with three columns holding up an overhang. To the left of this building is a tin building with "Famous Well" written on a plank beside its door. Trees cover a rocky hill behind the buildings.
Date: January 10, 1919
Creator: A. F. Weaver Photography
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

The First Anniversary of the Aviation Engineer Force Activation

Description: Troops and spectators celebrate the first anniversary of Aviation Engineer Force Activation at Wolters Air Force Base on April 10, 1952, with Colonel A.B. Campfield, the Commander of Troops; Brigadier General H.W. Ehrgott, Commanding; Colonel Philip G. Kemp, the Base Commander.
Date: April 10, 1952
Creator: Daniel Photography
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

First Baptist Church and Tabernacle

Description: Photograph of the First Baptist Church of Santo, Texas, a single-story stone building with an awning over its entrance. A shorter building with a shingled roof stands to the right.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[The First Palo Pinto Methodist Church]

Description: Photograph of the first Methodist church in Palo Pinto, Texas. The clapboard building has double doors, peeling paint on its outer walls, and a belfry.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Flyer for the Crazy Radio Gang]

Description: Flyer for the Crazy Radio Gang, featuring the faces of cast members in eleven oval frames. The men are identified from the top left as Hal Collins, Frank Dinkins, Francis Quinn, Frank McMordie, Johnny Jordan, Conrad Brady, Guy Woodward, Maurice Pendery, Dale Woodward, Jack Amlung, and two blackface characters called Sugar Cane and February.
Date: 1930~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Four Men on Wynn Mountain]

Description: Photograph of four men sitting on a railing along the side of a dirt road on Wynn Mountain near Mineral Wells, Texas.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Fourth of July Celebrants on the Brazos River]

Description: Photograph of a group of men, women, and children arranged in several raked rows and posing for a photo. The group is located in a forested area and is positioned behind two kettles and a bucket. A handwritten note on the back indicates that they are celebrating the fourth of July.
Date: 1902-07-04~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Front of the Palo Pinto School]

Description: Photograph of the two-story brick Palo Pinto School. There are two rows of windows and a chimney can be seen at either side of the building. A tree grows in front of the school's entrance. A wood and wire fence is partially visible to the left and right in the foreground.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[G. L. Rice & Co. General Store]

Description: Photograph of G. L. Rice & Co. General Merchandise store in Strawn, Texas. The two-story brick building has an awning over its opening on the right. The name of the business is painted onto its side. "I. O. O. F." is written over the awning. A man is standing on the roof of an incomplete building in the background. Another man stands next to a pile of building materials
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[G. W. McDonald's Dry Goods Store]

Description: Photograph of G. W. McDonald's dry goods store, a two-story stone building. Three arched windows are arranged over a covered porch. A fire escape appears on the side of the building.
Date: 1890~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Garve Taylor's Store]

Description: Photograph of Garve Taylor's store on a street corner. The corrugated metal building has a front largely comprised of windows. A Coca Cola advertisement is painted on the side of the building.
Date: unknown
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Gordon Baptist Church]

Description: Photograph of Gordon Baptist Church, a clapboard church building with a belfry.
Date: 1920~
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Gordon Celebration of Palo Pinto County Centennial

Description: Photograph of a horse-drawn covered wagon that has a banner that reads "Palo Pinto County Centennial" on its side. Children and a woman wearing a prairie dress are riding on the wagon. Two boys wearing cowboy hats are sitting on a horse to the wagon's side. Houses are visible in the background.
Date: May 1957
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

Gordon Centennial 1957

Description: Photograph of a group of people outside of two buildings during the centennial celebration of Gordon, Texas. Two men stand in the foreground with a small wagon that is being pulled by small cattle. Men are riding horses behind this wagon. Women can be seen riding in the wooden bed of a truck to the left.
Date: May 1957
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association