Palo Pinto County Album - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Photograph of Union Hill School]

Description: Copy photograph of people posing in front of the wooden Union Hill School. Young children and women stand in front of a group of men.
Date: 1900~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1909]

Description: The city directory for Mineral Wells, 1909, embracing a complete alphabetical list of business firms and private citizens; a directory of city and county officials, churches, public and private schools, banks, asylums, hospitals, commercial bodies, secret societies, street and avenue guide, etc.
Date: 1909
Creator: R.L. Polk & Co.
Item Type: Book
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

[The St. Nicholas Hotel]

Description: A group of men stand in front of the St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. The building had a varied history. It was first (in 1904) an unnamed two-and-one-half-story sanitarium, then re-named the St. Nicholas Hotel, and then later it became the Delaware Hotel. It was located at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. The building was eventually consumed by fire on October of 1907. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex."
Date: 1907?
Creator: Dan W. Evans
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

[Three Men in a Saloon]

Description: Photograph of three men inside of a saloon. Two men wearing hats lean against a bar covered with glasses filled with alcohol. A younger man sits in a chair in front of the others. A striped keg with "Grand Prize St. Louis 1904" written on its side stands to the left.
Date: 1904~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Underside of Bridge Being Built over the Brazos River]

Description: Photograph of the supports of a bridge being built over the Brazos River. A cylindrical metal support appears at the center of several wooden supports. The shore and trees can be seen on the left.
Date: 1900~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

West Side School -- Second Grade 1907

Description: The second grade class at West Side School in 1907 sit on the steps outside the old rock building built in 1886. The teacher is Miss Amie Hensley. Some of the names of the children are listed on the back.
Date: 1907
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library

[Withers Family on Brazos River Bridge]

Description: Photograph of the Withers family posing on a bridge that spans the Brazos River. They are identified from left to right as Ella Lee Withers, Jordan Withers, Sue Vaughan, and Doctor Horatio Withers. Ella Lee is wearing a dress and a floral hat while holding an umbrella. Jordan is an infant in a dress and Sue is a young girl wearing a broad brimmed hat; they are both seated on the back of the buggy. Horatio has a greying beard and is wearing a dark vest and bow tie.
Date: 1904~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Woman in a Bathing Suit by a River]

Description: Photograph of a woman standing to the side of a river. She is wearing a bathing cap and bathing suit. A small slope covered with vegetation rises on the other side of the photo.
Date: 1900~
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association

[Women at a Cedar Springs Camp Meeting]

Description: Photograph of a group of women and girls sitting together outdoors. They are arranged in three rows on a slope with vegetation. A note on the reverse side of the image's mat reads "Cedar Springs Camp Meeting August 1907."
Date: August 1907
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Palo Pinto County Historical Association