Rescuing Texas History, 2006 - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Camp Hood School
- Some girls playing softball.
- Elementary Football Team, Fort Hood School, 1950
- Elementary Football Team, Fort Hood School, 1950. First row L to R: Irvin Goode, Don Armstrong, Clark Roberts, Bucky Dyer, James Gross, M.F. Hardin; Second row L to R: Coach Lockhart, Clark Chandler, Tommy Vance, Lamar Davis, Jerel Love, Jimmy Crosby James Putzier, Joe Gilbreath, Luther Austin; third row L to R: Walter Schneider, Lloyd Jolly, Don Messner, Jimmy Watts, Gene McMahan, Hilton Watts, Jere Durham, Paul Burpo.
- Elvis Presley photograph
- Portrait-style photograph of singer Elvis Presley wearing a cap that is believed to be Harley Davidson Motorcycle hat called a "Lite Weight Cap."
- Fort Hood High School, 1952 Senior Class
- Senior Class, 1952, Fort Hood High School. First row, L to R: Miriam Klien, M.W. Grant, Jr., Edna Ruth Griffin, Donna Smith, Tom Thornton, Adelbert Bartek; second row, L to R: Harry Webster, Jerry Jennings, Jimmy Harding, Charles Jeffrey, Albert Bartek, Valine Butler, Betsy Frese; Third Row L to R: James White, Pat White, Bob Blaustien, Bill Rowe, Quinton Sanders, Bonnie Spaulding.
- Killeen City Police Department
- Killeen police standing outside of the a building with a "welcome" banner, possibly City Hall. The chief of police and thirteen policemen are picture in this photograph taken in 1956.
- Main Gate, Fort Hood
- The main gate at Fort Hood. "Visitors and unregistered vehicles park in parking lot to obtain pass and/or decals."
- [Photograph of Killeen Flood of 1957]
- Photograph of the Killeen flood of 1957. The wheels of several cars are underwater. "Killeen Flood - A deadly flood which hit Killeen in 1957 cost the lives of three persons. This view of downtown is on the south side of Avenue D between 2nd Street and College Street, with a drainage ditch in between which overflowed into the fire station and Herald offices, at the left."