Rescuing Texas History, 2006 - 69 Matching Results

Search Results

[The Angel statue at Memorial Park honoring the Texas City firefighters lost in the 1947 Texas City Disaster]

Description: A close-up photograph of the Italian marble angel statue in Memorial Park which honors the Texas City firefighters killed in the 1947 Texas City Disaster. An angel stands on a pedestal with an inscription which is covered by a bouquet of flowers sitting on the ground. Behind the statue, part of the reflecting pool and another monument can be seen. On the back of the photograph is the following caption: "An Italian marble angel honors the Texas City Firefighters lost in the explosion."
Date: 1960~
Partner: Moore Memorial Public Library

Austin Chapter of The Links, Inc.

Description: Photograph of members of the Austin Chapter of The Links, Inc. The photograph was taken during the chartering ceremony of the chapter on December 10, 1960 in the home of Lillie Belle Hines. The charter members in the photograph from left to right are: Lillie Belle Hines, E. Louise Woodward, Thelma M. Elliott, Opan M. Seabrook, Percy G. Lyons, Dr. Connie Yerwood Conner, Mary Y. Thompson, Olive Durden Brown, Clara M. Johnson, Ruth W. Mayes, Catherine B. Lamkin, and Hazel P. Adams.
Date: December 10, 1960
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Central Texas College]

Description: Aerial view of Central Texas College prior to the construction of the new, multi-lane Highway 190. The bell tower and duck pond are visible near the front center of the photo, where a U-shaped drive is clearly seen. In addition to the campus buildings and automobiles in the photograph, a large area of mostly flat, barren land is visible along with a few hills. The The college opened September 19, 1967.
Date: 1960~
Partner: Killeen City Library System

[Charles Howard Blackshear II]

Description: Charles Howard Blackshear (II) - son of Joe Anderson Blackshear Sr. - Here Charles is on vacation at the Watts Bar Resort, May 1960, age 52. He now resides in Louisville, Ky. Photo is from the William Blackshear collection, which was donated to the Palestine Public Library.
Date: May 1960
Partner: Palestine Public Library