Rescuing Texas History, 2006 - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[The exterior of Delwood Pharmacy]

Description: The exterior of the Delwood Pharmacy building. The signs on the building say "Delwood Pharmacy", "Checker", "Free Packard", and "Register Here." There are automobiles parked to the left of the photo.
Date: October 28, 1953
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[A boy leaning on a memorial table at Camp Ben McCullouch]

Description: A boy sitting at a table at Camp Ben McCullouch. The boy is leaning on a table created as a memorial. Most of the writing on the table is illegible, but the table was created as a memorial for a man with the last name of Puckett. The memorial was dedicated by his children. Camp Ben McCullouch was created as a reunion site for Confederate war veterans.
Date: July 21, 1953
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[An aerial view of Acock Laboratories]

Description: A distant aerial view of Acock Laboratories in East Austin. East Fifth street runs from left to right in the foreground. The Iglehart building is across the railroad tracks in the center. East 7th Street runs left to right in the upper left background is the baseball field [now Zaragoza Park]
Date: October 8, 1954
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library