Rescuing Texas History, 2006 - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- Candelilla wax plant & U. S. Cavalry presence at Glenn Springs, Texas, 1916. Picture
- Account of attack of Mexican raiders on Glenn Spring, Texas May 5, 1916. The documentation was compiled and illustrated by photojournalist W. D. Smithers in 1961. Includes information on production of candelilla wax at the Ellis and Wood wax factory in Glenn Spring between 1911 and 1916.
- Field Artillery on the U. S. - Mexico border 1916-1921. Picture
- Brief description of the personnel and operations of a battery unit of the U. S. Army on the U. S. - Mexico border, 1916-1921, including a note on the march of Battery B, 6th Field Artillery, into Mexico with the Punitive Expedition. Illustrations based on photographs taken between 1916 and 1922.
- The four famous cavalry regiments of the First Cavalry Division. Picture
- Brief histories of the four cavalry regiments (5th, 7th, 8th, and 12th) organized into the First Cavalry Division at Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas in 1921. Illustrated with the insignia of the five units.
- Insignias of the branches of the Army in service on the U.S.-Mexico border from 1916 into the early 1920s. Picture
- Sketches of insignia and brief summaries of activities of the branches of the U.S. Army in service on the U.S.-Mexico border from 1916 into the early 1920s. Includes protocol of hat cords.
- The U. S. Cavalry troops on the U. S. - Mexico border in 1916. Picture
- Illustrated descriptions of activities of Cavalry patrols on the U.S. - Mexico border, 1916-1918. Includes map of boundary line from California to the Gulf of Mexico.